63- Run.

A couple of days had passed since the scene on deck, with the entire crew bowing at Alana's feet. Everything seemed to go back to normal that afternoon. The ship was running smoothly, and the men did not act strangely at all. Kazumi had kept his word about going over storm protocol and Leopoldo kept his word about his willingness to give kisses. Leven was just as grumpy as usual and Ivo just as bubbly in the meanest of ways.

Alana went through the motions with them, acting as a calm tide and mimicked the flow of familiarity, but her mind was elsewhere. The pirates would not have guessed it with the way she kept her well-rounded front up, but inside, her mind was going all over the place, trying not to vomit from the stress.

Currently, they all sat down for dinner, a late dinner that is, as the workload was a bit more today as they focused on fixing the superficial damage caused by the storm. Of course, Alana could have eaten much earlier had she wanted to, but she enjoyed eating with them, after all, one odd incident did not sway her feelings.

The meal was bland but nourishing enough to keep them alive. Dried meat, two biscuits, and a bowl of rice. Ivo had given Alana a few oranges during the day as snacks, so she was not terribly hungry anyhow. She was off in her own world, wondering where Mamoru and Silas were and how many had agreed to her half-hatched plan by now.

Even if they all say no, I can still make it work... I just need Momo and Silas... I think. Then still there is the issue of...

She flickered her eyes to the pirates. Leopoldo was closest, who was stealing dried meat off his brother's plate while Leven was distracted by tearing into Ivo about 'keeping his mouth shut.'

She shifted her eyes to Kazumi, her heart jumping a bit when they locked eyes, not expecting him to be staring right at her. Alana quickly looked away, training her eyes back down to her food.

She picked a piece of dried meat up, nibbling on the salty strip, attempting to look innocent. And she was, she was only looking, but the guilt of her thoughts made her overly conscious.

I have to keep them safe. That is the most important part. If there was only a way, an easier way, than what I have planned...

A knot suddenly tightened in her gut, realizing there just might be an easier way. She did not know why she was so nervous when the idea dawned on her, as far as seen Kazumi was kind to her, and kind all around. Until two days ago, that is. Perhaps it was the thought of rejection that made her stomach feel like it was twisting itself and her chest tightening around her racing her.

What is the worse he could say? Kazumi is not an unreasonable man; I just have to be smart about my wording. Alana reassured herself.

With a dry and hard swallow, when the dry meat was clear from her tongue she peered back up to Kazumi.

She felt small again, as he seemed to never take his eyes off her from, they first met eyes. He sipped on a glass of water, leaning back in his seat at the head of the table, opposite of her.

She offered a small and awkward smile, attempting to ease tension solely for herself before clearing her throat softly.

"Uh," Alana began so softly it was almost inaudible. "Ka-Kazumi?"

Her words, barely above a whisper, were not enough to catch the attention of the other three but Kazumi tilted his head to show he was listening.

"Um, I was just wondering..." Alana found herself wringing her hands together in her lap. "Well..." Her heart was racing so fast she had to pause in order to calm down.

The more Alana spoke the more attention she got from the others, starting with Leopoldo who quickly zoned in on the conversation.

"I am prisoner, right?" Alana finally decided on, her voice cracking on the 'right'.