84- In the Bushes

With Alana's arms wrapped around Leven's waist, holding onto him for dear life, a blush was impossible to stop. Alana's cheek pressed flushed against his backside as their bodies atop the galloping stallion jostled harshly, not once daring to open her eyes as she leaned into the young man. He could feel her shaking even through the rough ride, disappointed his desensitizing method did not work to quell the young woman's fear.

The five had been riding for quite a while, a noon sun turned into an early evening glow, with the only breaks saved for the horses, even those were sparse and fleeting.

My body feels like it's due to shatter any second! I'm in so much pain, I hate this! Alana whined to herself, hoping another respite would be coming soon.
Kazumi and the others were ahead of them, only by a little, with Kazumi leading the way. They traveled through the forest, the sea stretching beside them in the distance, doing their best to avoid the densest paths of foliage.

When they came into a clearing in the woods Kazumi gave the signal for everyone to stop, slowing his horse to a slow trot. Leven pulled back on the reigns when they neared the others, trotting their buttercup-shaded stallion. Alana was almost crying tears of joy when she felt the horse let up on the rough gallop.
Even though the horse had slowed to a soft trot Alana still held onto him as though she'd be thrown off any second.
"It is getting late; I suggest we stop here to set up camp," Kazumi stated as he dismounted his mare.
Alana kept her mouth closed tight at the thought of camping. It made her uneasy in a sense of unfamiliarity, unsure how she would feel about the experience. Though nonetheless, still, an excited streak shot up her spine.
"I suggest Alana share a tent with me." Ivo smiled, climbing down from his horse.
"No." The three others bluntly countered.
Leven slid off the saddle first, reaching back up to grab Alana's hips. He assisted her discent, her legs almost buckling under her. They felt like jelly paired with a throbbing in her thighs. All of that did not matter to Alana however, she had the urge to drop to her knees and kiss the earth.
Alana smiled at Leven to pair with a thank him for his help.
"Thank you, Leven." She looked over his face carefully. "It must be chilly riding in front against the wind."
"What?" Leven cocked a brow.
"Your face is all red." Alana innocently pointed out.
Leven immediately turned away from her.
"Shut up, idiot." Leven ruffled his hair as he grabbed ahold of the reigns to lead the stallion.
"Yes, so chilly indeed." Leopoldo teased as he led his horse to a low branch as well.
Leven ignored him but muttered vulgarities under his breath.
"Start setting up your tents, I want it done before dusk," Kazumi ordered, going through the saddle pouch to retrieve his own. "Alana will be in my tent tonight."
Alana felt her heart skip a beat as she stepped toward the center of the clearing.
"How many days is it to the capital again?" Leven quizzed as he unrolled dark blue fabric.
"If we do not waste time, we should be there within the week, but we have accounted for longer if anything should arise," Kazumi replied.
"Doesn't it feel so odd?" Ivo beamed. "All this planning and mishaps, and it is finally happening."
Leopoldo hummed, at the tree line searching for sticks long and equally sturdy enough to erect his tent. "Yes, it feels like our life has revolved around this little rebellion for almost two years."
Two years?! They have been planning this for two years?! Alana hides her shock quickly. She knew they, of course, were planning before her arrival, yet she had not guessed it had been years in the making.
"I feel the same..." Leven added. "It is boring being so damn official. Meetings this and meetings that, I am more excited for that bullshit to be over."

Alana quietly stood to the side, wringing her hands together awkwardly, shamefully. Her mind flashed to Captain Ruby for a moment, wondering how her visit to Kori went.
That is the most crucial part. If that boorish man agrees then my plan should work out. But I will have no idea if he has until the day of, my timing was off delivering the letters it seems. I feel ashamed knowing they have been in the rebellion on Taycia for years and here I come to mess things up. But... there is no way Taycia would ever let them live freely after what they plan to do.