83- Fear of Realization

The dawn's ambiance entranced a quiet fishing town on the southern coast of Taycia. There were hardly any patrons out and about, but the ones who did venture into the early morning were dragging themselves through the day already. Hardly any citizens of this small, quiet town paid any mind to the strange group, or imposing ship, docking in their port.

A few annoyed fishers grumble about a pirate ship taking space in the place of their small fishing boats. Besides that, the group appeared rather unnoticed. Alana had been used to crowds gawking at them as they passed, but this was new: no one cared. The pirates' appearance, or the rumors that swirled in whispers about them, often garnered the usual looks. Going unnoticed was almost as unsettling as being stared at, Alana thought. 
Are they just so used to pirates in this town? Everywhere we go the people can barely keep their eye to themselves. Something doesn't sit right with me about this, but it's not like I Want all eyes on us either. I don't know; I need to calm down; I am overthinking. 

Alana felt sick to her stomach as she desperately tried to keep from doubling over with nerves. She currently stood anxiously with Leven and Leopoldo, who kept her company while Kazumi and Ivo took care of some last-minute business a few feet away.

Her eyes flickered all around her, investigating the small town in every detail she could find.

We are here once again, In Taycia, I feel like I am going to vomit. But, I shouldn't be so nervous now. This border town is so small that I doubt anyone will know me. I just need to stay calm... That's right, the only people who know what I look like work inside the palace. There is nothing to fear.

Alana continuously reassured herself since they docked this morning in the small seaside town. The people inhabiting it were kind and welcoming, unlike the other towns in Taycia Alana had seen, the two she did.

"You look sick," Leven groused. His delicate features quickly invaded her eye line that was previously fixed on a pebble. Alana had hoped focusing on something other than the passing faces would quell her nausea.

His suddenness jarred Alana before she smiled down at him. "No, I am fine." She insisted.

"Do not speak such negativity into existence, brother." Leopoldo scolded, wrapping his arms around Alana from behind. "You will jinx our dear Alana."

Leven scoffed whilst rolling his eyes. "You're an idiot, perv."

Leopoldo chuckled, the vibrations from his chest rumbled against Alana's backside, causing a slight blush. Since the day in his room together, Leopoldo has been embracing Alana much more often than he had before.

"Do I not have the cutest little brother ever?" Leopoldo spoke in Alana's ear, triggering her blush to worsen. "We have to make sure such a hothead doesn't get into trouble with that mouth of his."

Alana's mind was going fuzzy with nerves as she absentmindedly nodded her head, wholeheartedly agreeing to whatever Leopoldo said. His lengthy, strong arms wrapping around her tended to have that effect recently.

"I ain't cute." Leven bit, turning his back to the two. One, so he would not have to witness Alana being held any longer, and two, so they could not see his own blush rising to his cheeks.

Leopoldo released Alana, moving to stand beside her now.

"I think so, especially when your ears turn pink like that, dear brother." Leopoldo teased, pointing to Leven's cartilage peeking out of his snow-white hair.

"Shut your damn mouth!" Leven snapped.

Alana softly giggled at the bickering, looking over her shoulder to where Kazumi and Ivo spoke to a man near the stables.