23 ☠︎︎ 𝔼𝕟𝕖𝕞𝕪 𝕃𝕒𝕟𝕕𝕤 ☠︎︎

[[ I do NOT own the art or music. Please enjoy - L RANDY ]]

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

Alana's eyes shot all around her, to the street corner, to the stalls, to every face of the crowd

Alana's eyes shot all around her, to the street corner, to the stalls, to every face of the crowd. She did not even know what she was looking for, but her nerves were shot. Kazumi had informed her that she was going to be going to town with them whether she liked it or not.
They strolled the sidewalk in the usual huddle, but this time Alana found it suffocating- she felt that it drew more attention to her. She hated it here, she hated how on edge she felt. She was almost mad at Kazumi for making her come into town.
This is driving me crazy! Alana wanted to scream and run back to the pirate ship. But she did not, she stayed between the men and quietly walked. She did notice how they all seemed oddly quiet, Ivo had not spoken to her since she asked to stay behind, and everyone else only talked to her in brief sentences. Alana peered up to Leopoldo, then shifted her gaze to Leven. It is almost like they are trying to ignore me...

They made it to the inn, and Alana felt almost immediately calmer. She was relatively sure that no royals or high-ranking royal guards would be here. She stood by Leven and Leopoldo as Kazumi paid for the rooms. 
She had her back to him and Ivo but could hear them talking to the clerk about the sleeping arrangements. Ivo was adamant that he needed his own room, but the clerk was even more adamant that he did not have enough rooms.
She smiled at the small, casually heated argument she listened to, and she was sure Kazumi looked expressionless through it all, just waiting for Ivo to shut up.
Finally, Ivo had given up and had to agree to share a room with the other men. Kazumi motioned for her and the brothers to follow, she expected a guiding hand on her shoulder but neither made a move to touch her.
They climbed the stairs to their respective rooms. Alana had her own, right across the hall from the pirates' room. Kazumi opened the door for Alana but did not hand her the key.
"Stay in here, do not leave unless one of us has come to get you." Kazumi signaled for her to go in with a soft jerk of his head.
Finally treating me like a prisoner, huh? "Okay," She smiled up to him and stepped into the room.
It was bigger than her room on the ship but much smaller than her old room at the castle. It was a plain room, a full bed with white bedding sat in the corner, beside the bed was a white nightstand with a vase of assorted flowers resting on top. To her relief there was a balcony facing the street, watching over the passing citizens. At least she would feel at home.
She sat her small pack of clothes on the floor beside the door stepping further into the room.
"We will be resting for tonight; I suggest the same for you," Kazumi said as he shut the door.
"Great," She sighed. "I am in enemy territory with not a thing to do."
Alana trudged over to the bed and plopped face down.
What would have been the problem with just staying on the ship? And why are they all acting so strangely?
Alana rolled over onto her back. Staring at a ceiling again... She lifted her right leg to her chest and began to undo her sandal strap, kicking it off onto the floor. She started on the other one deciding on what she could do to pass the time.
"Maybe a nap..." She kicked her left sandal off and rolled onto her side, curling into a ball.

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

𝕀𝕟 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕚𝕣𝕒𝕥𝕖𝕤' 𝕠𝕠𝕞

Kazumi opened the door the others, revealing a room with two full-sized beds, and simultaneously their brows twitched.
"I think I will go see if Alana needs company..." Ivo smiled and turned on his heel, but Leopoldo grabbed ahold of his shirt collar before he could go far. 
"I think it would be best to stay with your dear friends." Leopoldo smiled pulling the man into the room. 
Kazumi and Leven followed them in, shutting the door behind them.
"Okay, okay, dear Leo." Ivo chuckled. "You have your wish; we will share a bed." He grabbed Leopoldo's hand lovingly.
"Sweet Ivo," Leopoldo cooed with a smirk, using his free hand to caress the males face gently. "I am not sure what you mean, I will be sharing a bed with my cute little brother." Leopoldo immediately turned to engulf a cringing Leven in a hug.
Leven struggled to get his much larger brother off of him, using his hands to push Leopoldo's face. "Who are you calling cute?" He growled, his cheeks tinting a soft red.
Kazumi walked by the scene, unfazed, and laid his jacket and pack across the end of the bed on the right then sat on the corner.
"But..." Ivo raised a curved finger to his eye as if he were wiping a tear. "I don't want to share a bed with such a scary looking man." Ivo pretended to cry. Kazumi cut his eyes at the dramatic man.
"Get off of me!" Leven shouted as Leopoldo and they fell to the ground, but Leopoldo did not stop his smiling or his nuzzling.
"There will be much of this tonight, dear brother." Leopoldo threatened which only made Leven fight harder.

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

The sun had set, and the room had darkened, onlylit by a candle

The sun had set, and the room had darkened, onlylit by a candle. Kazumi and Ivo shared one bed, laying as far apart as theycould.
Leven and Leopoldo shared the other, Leven constantly swatting his elder brother's hands away.
Ivo had his hands linked behind his head, thinking about Alana. Kazumi had his back resting against the headboard looking over the map the rebellion leader had given him.
They were here in Bizia for one reason, to meet with another rebellion leader that would be arriving tomorrow. The pirates were planning something bigger than they have ever dared, and it put them onedge knowing they were essentially dragging Alana into it as well.
"Do you think it is safe for Alana to be with us during a time like this." Ivo sighed; the room went cold. Leopoldo and Leven immediately stopped their quiet bickering, and Kazumi's eyes shifted off his map to glance to the man who laid beside him.
"You're starting this again?" Leven snapped sitting up in his bed.
"I am not starting anything; I am thinking about what is best for our girl." Ivo defended calmly, not bothering to look at the hotheaded white-haired man.
"No," Kazumi said. "It is not safe. There will be a lot of fighting and bloodshed." Kazumi paused looking to their hotel door as if trying to see through across the hall to the girl. "But I am not willing to let her go." He finished.
"Even if there is a chance she will be hurt?" Leopoldo probed; his face pressed against his pillow. He was not willing to let Alana go either, but he wanted to hear it from his captain.
Kazumi sat the map flat against his lap, pushed his bangs back before continuing. "What is the reason to have these beasts inside our core if we cannot protect what is important to us?" He answered. "We will simply not allow any harm to come to her."
The men felt comforted by his words, they respected Kazumi as their leader for a reason.
Leven scoffed, throwing himself back down into his pillow.
"We all know thatidiot is going to make it hard on us."
"I would not have it any other way." Leopoldo grinned turning over.
The room fell quiet again, Kazumi sat his map on to the side and finally laid Down to get some sleep.
Ivo licked the tip of his index finger and thumb to pinched the wick of the candle, snuffing out its warm glow, and he too rolled over on his side.
"Ivo..." Kazumi said firmly, his voice cutting through the darkness.
Ivo hummed curiously in response.
"I am not scary looking."
Everyone but Kazumi had to stifle a fit of laughter.

[[Can we take a minute to appreciate the bromance? Ugh, so wholesome... apart from their crazed obsession over the same woman. What could they be plotting? Hmmm.
I hope you keep reading ❤️ I love anyone who is reading this! Thank you for tuning into Seasick Love and please remember to VOTE and comment

- L RANDY ]]