13 ☠︎︎ ℂ𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕒𝕚𝕟'𝕤 ℂ𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕚𝕧𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟 ☠︎︎

[[ I do not own music or art
Please enjoy and let me know what you think — AE Dragon ]]

It was late at night, Alana guessed maybe sometime in the early morning when Kazumi told her to follow him to his room.
She had been lying awake pondering her options for the kingdom when he knocked.
It was the first she saw of him since that afternoon. Leven and Leopoldo had come to check on her a few hours after the incident when they were finished with the tasks Kazumi had given them.

She was worried that Kazumi was going to tell her that she had to leave the ship for recklessly endangering his crew or running like a madwoman through a town where he does his business.
She stared at his back as they walked, his black locks running down between his shoulder blades. Kazumi's bedroom was deck level, below the quarterdeck, so it was relatively far from hers and the other men's cabins.

They passed by the sleeping crew who all shared common sleep quarters, all too exhausted to care about the passing couple.
Alana felt odd walking through the ship with nothing on her feet but stockings, as Kazumi did not give her much time to slip her boots on.
Kazumi held his door open for to her walk-in before shutting and locking it behind them. She felt like a child about to reprimanded and was anxiously waiting to be scolded harshly by the stoic captain.
His room was much bigger than her own, the walls were decorated in maps, and much like Ivo, Kazumi had artifacts from his travels on the seas displayed in various spots.
Even his bed was larger and barely took up room in his space. At the back of the room, there was a large window, looking out over the ocean.

Alana watched the moonlight swaying with the ripples of the sea as Kazumi took off his red, gold, and black embroidered coat.
He slung it over his desk chair before turning to face Alana with his arms crossed. His brows furrowed by a fraction finally able to see a clear view of the large bandage that covered her left temple.
He was disappointed with himself, and that bandage reminded him of his failure.
"Come here," Kazumi said, his tone was low and serious.
Alana did as she was told, coming to stand in front of him. She could not bring herself to look up to him, ashamed of herself.
"Look at me," He commanded, and she reluctantly met his golden optics.

Kazumi was a fierce man, he had a warrior spirit and conquered seas, he is notorious for his cruel ways, and is feared by many. But with Alana, under her gaze, his heart failed him, and he melted at the sight of her honey eyes.

This girl who appeared out of thin air on his ship, who never stops smiling, the girl who does her best to work hard, he was ensnared by her so quickly.
He gently placed his palm on her cheek, he savored the feeling of her warmth. Alana was confused, as she was expecting a firm lecturing, and perhaps even being removed from the ship, not loving touch.

"I am the captain of this ship," Kazumi began, his thumb stroked her soft cheek. "Everything on this ship belongs to me one way or another, do you understand?"

Alana shrugged slightly, "I think I do."

She understood that he was in charge, and she understood his will was the way, but she did not understand what he was getting at.

"This ship is mine. The crews' loyalty is mine. Even any rats that find their way in are mine." He explained.
He is going to tell me I am the rat, and I weaseled my way onto his ship, I can feel it. I am nothing but a pest.
Alana's thoughts were already going into hyperdrive.
"You're a prisoner on my ship," Kazumi's eyes flickered down to her full lips. "That means you're mine."
What?
"You're not kicking me off the ship?" Alana blurted, disregarding his touch.
He cocked his head the side, his eyebrows pulling in with confusion. "Why would you think something like that?"
Alana's cheek heated.