40- Snowing on the Sun

[[I do NOT own the art or the music used in this chapter. I hope you enjoy the story!- L RANDY]]

 I hope you enjoy the story!- L RANDY]]

"They can protect me just fine." Alana snapped at the King. "They are amazing! I trust them with my life, do not ever disrespect them!"

Alana wore a wild face, scrunched in anger and frustration, but the pirates looked on with awe and adoration.

"Did... did you just slap me?" Kazuyuki asked stunned in astonishment.

"Yes! I will not hesitate to do it again either if you ever doubt these men again."

Kazuyuki was silent for a minute as he searched over Alana's face, realizing he had never seen her so fierce before.

So, I could not get my bumblebee to love me back, but she found four demons to fall in love with instead? Well, she certainly has found her voice with them.

Kazuyuki's gaping mouth closed into a smirk.

"I must apologize for my ill-mannered banter," Kazuyuki looked back to the pirates. "But I am not sure the woman who dares slap a king at his own table needs much protection anyhow." The man laughed standing from the table.

"Koyuki, have Yukine show our guests to their respective rooms. And my condition still stands." Kazuyuki waved behind him as he and his shell-shocked sister left the dining hall leaving the five in silence.

Alana regained her posture and calmed herself quickly.

That man is so insufferably rude! I pity the woman who would ever marry him.

"I am sorry everyone," Alana turned with her smile returning to her. "I caused a scene during your meeting; I apologize for acting so out of character." She bowed her head.

"You..." Leven mumbled. "You slapped the king?" He still could not believe the ever so gentle Alana could even raise her hand to someone.

Alana giggled nervously.

"Yes, he is quite annoying."

"You defended us." Leopoldo pointed out lovingly.

Alana blushed a little, with a shrug.

"It was only the truth, I did not like his tone."

Ivo suddenly started giggling himself, nearly sounding crazed.

"I simply cannot believe you slapped a king on our behalf." He managed to giggle out.

"Though I was picturing doing something much worse to him, that was very satisfying, little dove."

Ivo stood from his seat and made his way over to the girl, embracing her in a tight hug.

"Thank you..." He whispered in her ear for only her to catch.