57- Stormy Memories

[[Everyone say RIP to my laptop. It has passed away. Thank goodness I had my story saved to one drive and I was able to recover it. Now I'm on mobile. Hopefully I can go to a shop and get it fixed because I loathe writing on cell phones. Anyway, I hope you enjoy and remember to vote! I do not own the music! - L RANDY]]

The name Goa Jager rang through Alana's head the whole walk back the ship and lingered still as she bathed the day away even two days after leaving his gravesite.
She had planned to rectify the issues within society, but the death caused by her parents. How could she rectify that? She knew there was no apology nor changing of laws to make up for the loss.
Simple math proved Alana was only a young girl in her early teens when Goa was murdered, but she could not help but take the blame. In her eyes the pirates did not blame her parents as individuals, but they blamed royal blood. Her heart tightened into a sore throbbing when she realized when her parents are gone, she will be the last immediate royal for them to fault for the death.
She thought of ways to make amends for the untimely end of Goa Jager, but nothing she could think of seemed enough. She let out a saddened sigh, pushing a few baby hairs that fell from her bun behind her ear.
This Captain Goa took them at their lowest points... when they needed help the most and gave them everything to make them who they are today. The order from my parents put him into an early grave. What could I say? 'I am so sorry, forgive me, I was only fourteen'. I doubt they would see it that way. My family murdered their people, enslaved them, and then took the last parental figure they had left. All in the name of greed. I have to make it up somehow... I have to be better.

Alana was getting carried away in her self-loathing, and she would have let it consume her as she soaked in the tub, had the ship not suddenly rocked.
She gasped as she gripped the edge of the brass tub to stable herself, water sloshing out onto her room's floor. Items on her floor, her travel pack, and shoes, slid to the right side of the room.
What is happening?!
Alana's eyes were wide with concern as the ship rocked back, making her slide to the other side of the tub. Now it was the bed that also slid, slamming into the left side of her bedroom.
Alana then finally heard the thunder, it rolled in like an ominous battle drum, warning her for the night she was to expect.
Knowing that the tub was not the safest place, Alana quickly took advantage of the lull in waves, hopping out onto the drenched floor. Passing her door headed for her chest she could hear shouting, muffled but she could make out the crew was just as concerned as she was.
Another way hit the ship, this time popping the ship upward. Alana's feet left the ground for just a moment, in that moment the ship went back down, causing the distance between her and the floor to greaten. She went crashing to the floor, trying to stay on her feet but the momentum carried her back and she toppled over against her tub.
"Ouch..." Alana groaned, arching her back from the ache in the middle of her spine.
This time when she got back on her feet she was moving as fast as she could. She felt vulnerable, naked, and not knowing when another wave would toss the ship.
She rushed to her clothing chest, now in the middle of her room, and slung it open. She did not have the time nor the care to sort through for something practical. She plucked the first thing she saw from the top of the pile.
It turned out to be a long-sleeved, white linen nightgown that she hastily slung over her head and pulled on.
The material felt uncomfortable and awkward against her wet figure, but she did not fret too long, not even long enough to notice the way the garment clung to her shape in some places, glued by the moisture.
Alana discarded the idea of shoes and hurried to her door, but when she grabbed the knob another violent wave tossed the ship up again. When the floor disappeared under her this time, she held onto the doorknob for her life.
When she met the floor again her knees buckled and she was slammed into the door, her right temple receiving the harshest of it. It caused her vision to spot a bit, but she powered on. She pulled the door open and flung herself into the hall.
Crew members rushed past the end of the hall, going both ways. Some were shouting for others to keep up and some were just rushing.
"Get to the deck! I need every man to make sure the Scorched Bones makes it out of this!"
Alana heard Leopoldo's voice around the corner, instantly feeling comforted.
"Anyone slowing down will personally be thrown overboard, by me! Move your asses!"
Leven's voice barked orders along with his brother's and Alana followed them like a scared puppy.
"Leven! Leopoldo! The captain needs you two on deck!" Ivo shouted, yet his shouting sounded joyful and excited.
By the time Alana made it around the corner, she only saw the backs of the brothers as they left to go onto the main deck.
"Move, girl!" A stray crew member shouted, knocking into her as he rushed past.
Alana stumbled to the ground, catching herself with her hands, but she was too late to stand up as a boot stomped her right hand.
She cried out in pain, snatching her hand back as soon as the boot had left it. Alana scurried out the way to prevent any more injuries.
"Ow..." Alana whimpered to herself as she examined her hand.
It was red, with an insignificant amount of broken skin, nothing to warrant any tears. Just as she was about to stand again the ship swayed ruthlessly to the left, she tumbled with it, smashing into the wall. This time she was able to stop herself from completely faceplanting into the wood, but she shook with fear.
I cannot move! I am just going to get thrown back down! Why is this happening!? Alana's nails dug into the wall as she fell apart internally, overwhelmed by the storm. She had never experienced anything of the sort, she did not the outcome or how to navigate the situation. Her heart was beating like crazy as all her muscles ached. Her breathing was erratic and short, she was almost gasping for breath. Alana's chest tightened and it was getting harder for her to take those short breaths.
Her emotions were eating her alive, everything she was thinking about before the storm and now this, she could not handle it. The storm was only the cherry on top of an inevitable breaking point. She was being tossed around and had no control over it, it personified everything she was feeling in real life. The feelings of weakness, fear, the doubt which plagued her in the night when no one could see her cry.
Had she not been experiencing these emotions, perhaps the storm would not have been bad enough to make her cry, but she was. Her tears came before she could stop them, hot tears rolled down her cheeks like a raging river. She sobbed into the wall waiting and not caring anymore if she was hurled by another wave. She tried desperately to suck in air, trying to catch her breath and calm herself but it was no use.
Rather quickly another surge came and indeed did throw the girl, she was on her way to be slammed into the opposite wall but made no moves to protect herself. She accepted the unavoidable pain and closed her eyes tightly.
Her body rammed into something, but it was not hardwood, though sturdy it was much softer than a wall. A pair of arms wrapped around her form proving further that she was not imagining a soft wall. They protectively lifted her, one hand moving to her chin to raise her head.