37- Icy Irritation

[[ I DO NOT own music or the art. Please remember to like and comment (if you would like) to show you are enjoying the story, it means a lot to me! - L RANDY]]

"You look so cute!" Ivo squished Alana's cheeks together as she glared away embarrassed.

"I feel so..." Alana looked down at her clothes. "Covered."

She wore a large, thick slate gray peacoat, that puffed out with her dress at her knees. On her legs, she wore a pair of extra thick black hose, though they were mostly covered by her light navy-blue knee-high boots. Her dress was a black turtleneck dress, with long sleeves and an A-line cut - that Ivo insisted she wears a petticoat with. On her hands, she wore navy blue gloves with a keyhole opening on the back wrists.

"It is a very cold kingdom this time of year, you must be covered properly," Ivo said as he slung on a scarf over her head.

I have never worn so much fabric in my life! She thought to herself as Ivo shoved the ends of the scarf into her coat.

They were alone in her cabin; the others were on deck getting ready to dock for Kori.

Ivo wore a dark olive-green turtleneck under a lighter olive sweater, under a thick wool dark green coat. His chestnut brown trousers were tucked into his burgundy red knee boots. His brown hair was tied up into a bun on the crown of his head, the shorter pieces and his bangs hung loosely around his face framing it beautifully.

Alana wondered what the others were wearing if they were not able to show off their chest like always.

She has yet to go on deck, in fact, she has been confined to her cabin for the past few days as they were entering colder weather on Kazumi's orders.

He has funny times to make me feel like a prisoner. She thought to herself when she heard his order to keep her locked in her room.

Her window was locked, and all she had was her embroidery to keep her entertained with the coal burner that one was always making sure was lit and contained.

Kazumi had only one reason for keeping her out of the cold weather for as long as he could, he feared her getting sick.

"And one more thing,"

Alana noticed the evil smirk on Ivo's lips as he reached into his pocket.

Oh, no.

Ivo pulled out a dark navy-blue beret for her to wear to keep her head warm.

"No thank you." Alana smiled sweetly.

She attempted to walk by him but he grabbed the collar of her coat and pulled her back, not roughly but enough to do exactly what he planned.

The force made her stumble back, tripping on her heel and she began to fall towards the ground. She squeezed her eyes shut as she went down, but a strong arm wrapped around her waist and caught her before the ground did.

She peeked her eyes open to see a smirking Ivo.

"Just wear it for me, okay little dove?" He asked kindly.

She immediately nodded as she stared into his pale green eyes.

Ivo plopped to beret onto the girl's head with a bigger smile.

"Ah, perfect!" He exclaimed, standing her up straight.

Her gloved hands reached up to feel the first hat she has ever worn if you do not count her royal headdress.

She stepped over to her mirror and looked over it closely. The only skin Alana was showing was her face, even her hair covered her ears. The hairstyle was growing old to her, as it seemed to have a mind of its own, curving outward at the ends when she brushed it.