2 ☠︎︎ 𝕎𝕒𝕟𝕕𝕖𝕣𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕊𝕙𝕚𝕡𝕤 ☠︎︎

[[I do NOT own any of these photos used and I am NOT claiming to be the artist. But please use these as a visual reference]]

... I made it... I made it! The princess could not contain her joyful squeals of excitement as she danced in circles now standing on the edge of the town, far from her castle.
Her display garnered her some unimpressed, and worried glances from stray townspeople.
She came to her senses when she realized that she did not have time to spare, she had to separate herself from the castle as much as possible.
The princess looked around, she had no idea what led to what, or where she even wanted to go.
"Great... I get my freedom and have no idea how to use it." The princess scoffed to herself.

Alana did not even know if she wanted to be gone for only a day, or a month... or forever.

Princess Alana started to take steps in the direction of the docks, if she knew one thing, it was that she longed to touch the ocean.

"Do you see her hair?" The princess heard murmuring.
"Having hair that long can get you killed for trying to imitate royalty."
The princess realized it was not so much murmuring as they were passing warnings.
They wanted her to hear them. She had to take care of her damned hair, at the next alley she passed she slid inside.

She searched around for any reflective surface; all she could find was just a puddle. She pulled the golden scissors from her stocking.
Her heart began to race as she released her shaky breath and stared down at her murky reflection in the puddle.

If I do not cut it, I will be found out a lot quicker. But If I do, I will be punished severely when I return.

The princess bit her bottom lip, a pained expression laced her beautiful features.
But I do not want to be caught... and I do not want to return.

Without another thought, the princess clipped at her regal hair. It was as if she was cutting her ties to her royal family, she no longer wanted to be a Balosar, she never wanted to be compared to them again.

Before long, the princess chopped her hair off to the nape of her neck. She did her best to make sure everything looked even.
She was amazed at how light her head felt, she ran her hand through the short locks, feeling odd how her fingers immediately left the hair.
The ends of her hair tickled her chin as she looked down at her reflection. It gave her another reason to smile.

The princess picked up her cut-off braid and threw the python-like mess into the closest trash bin. She brushed any loose hair off her dress, placed her scissors back in her stocking, and left the alley.
The princess kept her hands fiddling with her new hairstyle all the way to the port, playing the ends, taking joy in the way it brushed against her neck.

I would love and hate to see what my mother would say about this. She giggled to herself.

As she walked and toyed with her hair, her curious eyes shifted from stall to stall.
She was amazed by the variety, and how loud the sellers called out to the possible customers. There was rarely yelling in the castle like this, in fact, this was the loudest place she had ever been.
And to think this was just within my reach my whole life.
"Real silk! Silk scarves great for your wives!" A man shouted loudly.
"Freshly baked bread! Muffins! Pound cake! Come this way!" A young boy stood outside a bakery motioning people in.
The princess smiled widely; this is absolutely wonderful.

When the princess finally looked ahead of herself, she was stunned to a complete halt. Her eyes widened, and her heart dropped as it began to race.

Just ahead were massive ships, docked at the port. It was the first time she had ever seen one, up close anyway.
Ships were the size of the tip of her pinky finger from her view in the cage.
Her mouth was gaped open as she moved quickly down to the docks to get a better view.
Men were walking up and down large ramps onto the ships, loading, and unloading.
They were covered in grit and sweat, dirt-caked some of their faces, and all of their clothes.