70- Depravity. Chaos. Wickedness.

{{TW:: MENTION AND ACT OF SU*CIDE}}

"I-Ivo." Alana quietly beckoned, her heart thundering out of her chest.

Kazumi stood back a few feet, watching over her. He had not intended to allow her to speak to Ivo, especially in the unstable state he was in, but after subjecting her to the sight of Ivo he knew it would be too cruel.

Ivo seemed not to hear the girl, continue his whispering. Closer now Alana could make it out.

"You killed her. I killed her. You killed her. I killed her." He went back and forth with himself.

"Ivo!" Alana tried louder, trying to draw his attention toward her to no avail.

"It could be useless," Kazumi warned. "I have only ever seen him like this once before... when Captain Goa was killed. For three days he was in his own world, we couldn't get through to him. He went on a rampage until he no longer had the energy to keep going."

Alana chewed her bottom lip to keep from releasing a sigh. She had hoped just hearing her voice would be enough to prove to Ivo she was alive, but if he is not listening, she had no other plan.

"I cannot leave him down here for days not knowing when he will snap out of it." Alana kept her eyes locked on Ivo.

"Why not?" Kazumi's voiced monotone. "I feel fine with it."

Alana had almost gasped but refrained.

"Because he did nothing wrong."

"Nearly killing you is not 'wrong'?"

"It wasn't Ivo."

Kazumi said nothing, Alana guessed she was either right, or perhaps he did not feel like explaining the technicalities of hosting a spirit inside your soul.

"Ivo..." Alana began again softly. "I don't know if you can hear me, but it is me, Alana."

Still no reaction.

"I am okay, I am alive."

Nothing.

This time she did sigh, letting her forehead fall against the cold hard bars of the cell, shutting her eyes tight. What can I do?! How useless can I be?! I have caused all of this and I cannot fix it? I cannot accept that!

"Ivo," She tried again, her chest becoming hot. "Do you remember the day those other pirates attacked the ship? All those months ago, it feels like a lifetime now." She let out a dry chuckle. "We had to share a room that night but you asked me what I thought of all of you. I told you I felt bad for you, remember?"

"And I still do," Alana desperately tried to keep her voice down in order not to injury her vocal cords more but her frustration was palpable. "You hide this entire time behind fake smiles and a kind voice, and you tell me I cannot become 'consumed by my thoughts' but you can? That is bullshit, Ivo!" 

Possibly Alana felt comforted by the fact Ivo seemingly could not hear her as she continued.

"You cannot be consumed like this! If you want to cry, then cry as loud as you can! If you want to scream, then scream! But don't sit here and let the evil take you away!"

Her voice died toward the end as her throat was on fire and throbbing, her hands clinging so harshly onto the bars her knuckles turned white.

"Alana," Kazumi warned firmly. "That's enough."

He approached her quickly, placing a hand on her shoulder as she sobbed.

"You can't stress your voice right now, leave him." He was quickly regretting his decision to bring her down here.