6 5 | J U L I E T

"What is this? Why are you here?" I asked, failing to keep the distaste out of my tone, not that I cared to anyway. With my arms crossed over my chest, I drilled a glare into the side of Boonsri's head who wasn't looking at me but was instead a little too chummy with Colin for my liking.

"I made a new friend!" Colin said, briefly turning to reply to me.

"Yeah, you don't mind me sitting here, do you?" Boonsri asked in a voice which must sound cute and shitty sweet to others but not to me. She leaned into him, her head almost resting on his shoulder and her hand around his arm.

"Actually I do so kindly fuck off," I said, wrapping my arms over my chest.

"Julia, please," Colin pleaded. "She was a great help to me in the lab. I was messing things up and she came to my rescue. I invited her."

"And it literally has nothing to do with me so you two can go sit somewhere else where I can't see you," I said.

"B–But I want to sit here!" Aurelio said, glancing at Frida.

"I didn't tell you to leave," I said.

"But he's my best friend and she's my–" Aurelio paused, looked back at Frida then continued , "–you all are my friends. I want to sit with all of you."

"Julia, please. Let her sit here for today," Frida jumped to his rescue.

I groaned. "You're making me out to be some childish villian. Fine, whatever. Sit all your asses down!"

Colin grinned then pulled out a chair for Boonsri and set down both their trays which he had been carrying.

"Oh thank you, Julia! I knew we could get past our silly tiff and get to know each other better," Boonsri gushed.

"I just said that you could sit here. It doesn't mean we're suddenly going to be best friends and braid each other's hair and paint nails," I gritted out.

She waved me off. "That's a work in progress. We'll get to that eventually."

"Eventually as in never–"

"Hey, Julia!" Abeo's cheery voice interrupted me as he plopped down next to me and smacked a kiss on my cheek despite me having told him not to kiss me outside of the bedroom. "Wassup everyone–"

His gaze swept over the table, causing him to cut himself off when he saw Boonsri. "Boonsi, what're you doing here?" He asked, chuckling nervously. He threw me a look as if to ask 'did you two fight over me again'.

I scoffed. Hah! As if I'd fight with someone over a stupid boy.

"Colin invited me," she replied.

"Oh," he said, looking at Colin with an unimpressed look. "I didn't know you were friends."

"We just became friends but I know we're going to be great friends. Isn't that right, Colin?"

Colin looked between her loving gaze and Abeo's slightly angry one. "Uh...yeah."

Two chairs scraped against the tiles before they were stuck at our table. I looked up to see Nia and Pari sat next to each with Nia next to Boonsri. I sensed everyone's eyes on us for a few moments at the three girl's changed seating arrangement. I groaned. "One of you was more than enough. You're starting to crowd this table!"

Pari settled her cool gaze on me. "Then sit somewhere else," she shot back.

I scoffed loudly. "This is my table."

"We go where Boonsri goes," Nia explained, flipping her hair back which was getting in the way of her food.

"She should know to keep her dogs at home."