1 0 | J U L I A

The thing I didn't expect to happen to me after running away were the nightmares. It started a few days after I freed myself. I wasn't prepared to feel the same terror that I did before when I lived there.

I dreamt that they caught me. And then...then they ripped me to shreds. I woke up panting and begging for mercy and couldn't go back to sleep after that. I kept pacing my room with the lights on and checking if I locked the door every five minutes. I was beginning to be afraid of the dark. It felt like they would emerge out of nowhere and would never let me live.

Over the days I fell into the habit of sleeping with the lights on and my nightmares were less frequent after that.

I had been working at the library every day for a few weeks now and I was able to save up some money everyday for the guitar I wanted but I still had a lot to save up.

Jude guided me about what to do. I just had to take details from the people who wanted to rent books and save the information correctly in the ancient computer which Mrs. Quinn refused to change, and give them the due date and inform them of the fine charges. I also had to make sure that the books are properly stacked and in the correct shelves. I had to see to it that old and worn our books are replaced in time and the new books are ordered and stacked. I also had to make sure to order books which we didn't have that a customer wanted.

Jude did the cleaning part every two days when he could take time out of college to help his mother in her library. Jade did the same thing as me in the evening shift.

Jude and Jade were in the same college, they told me and he helped her get the part time job as she was in need of one and they had been really inseparable good friends since high school.

Everything was running smoothly, except for the feeling I got sometimes that I was being watched. It wasn't often but I certainly felt like that during the nights when I'd be returning from somewhere and when I'd go to the library or when I left.

After my shift ended, I had plenty of time to go job hunting for a second part time but it was not easy. Finding something close to the library and the hotel I was staying at was hard. I also had to look for a cheap apartment because living in the hotel wasn't really comfortable for me.

I hadn't seen Braxton after that day. I still couldn't believe that I met a famous singer like that, sat in his car and entered his house and also slept in his guestroom.

I knew I had to see him eventually when I'd have to return the money which he paid the doctor for me. I was beginning to think I'd have to give up my guitar money for that first.

I was pleased when people didn't recognize me as Juliet. That might've been because Juliet was barely seen without makeup and I was always bare of makeup so it must be a little hard to imagine her without the artificial beautification. Juliet wasn't really popular or known in small towns but I was in a big city right now but I still didn't encounter anyone who mentioned her to me. Then again successful people were more well known than people who were only known for being related to them.

Despite having searched up the mysterious woman who I looked like, Juliet, who had ran away from home like myself on her birthday which coincided with mine which I just attributed to it being a rare freaky coincident, I wasn't really mistaken for her until that day in the library where I was checking a book out for a girl.

I was doing my work, unaware of her gaze on me until she spoke. "Hey, I think you look like someone." She said, eyeing me up and down. My fingers froze over the keyboard but I resumed my work. "You're...what was that girl's name?" She wondered aloud as she tapped her finger on the desk. "You know Alistair Jenson's daughter who ran away a month ago and they still haven't found her?"

I managed a smile at her. "I get that a lot. I know I look like Juliet Jenson, it's really surprising. I've lived here my whole life and people do tell me that every now and then." The lie slipped past my lips so effortlessly.

"For a moment I had this crazy idea that it was really you, the real daughter who's like in disguise and hiding here." She laughed at herself and collected the books after I gave her the receipt.

"Have a nice day." I said and then she left.

I was lucky this girl didn't prod further into the matter. I didn't know what I was going to do if the person would've been more persistent and would've mistaken me for Juliet. They probably would've reported me to the police who would've dropped me at Juliet's house. I couldn't even begin to imagine how I would've explained my situation and convinced them of the truth.

Or I might not be that lucky next time and someone might just be evil and kidnap me to demand money from her parents claiming that they had their daughter. I shuddered.

Was that the danger Braxton warned me about? I sure do hoped that I wouldn't encounter someone like that. I would have to be careful.

After that day I started wearing a mask whenever I worked and told everyone that I had a cold and cough and didn't want to spread it especially with elderly Mrs. Quinn around but I wasn't sure how long they'll buy into my lie.

 Quinn around but I wasn't sure how long they'll buy into my lie

Don't forget to vote, comment, share and follow!