6 9 | J U L I E T

"Where's Colin? He's taking way too long and I'm starting to miss him." Boonsri asked as she swam towards our group which was huddled in one corner of the huge swimming pool in Abeo's backyard.

Various people from school were scattered around, some playing in the water and some occupied the on chaise lounges and hammocks. Drinks from Abeo's dad's home bar were passed around and everyone seemed to be having a good time.

Abeo-who had his arms around me from behind-sighed at his ex's less than subtle way of trying to make him jealous.

"He must be trying to hide from you," I answered when nobody had any idea of where he was.

Boonsri shot me a flat look and let out a mock laugh. "Ha-ha! So funny." She tossed her curtain of thick brown hair over her shoulder. "Aurelio, he's your best friend. Do you know where he is?"

Aurelio was momentarily distracted from splashing at Frida. "I don't know." He turned to say and Frida took that opportunity to give him a face full of water which ended up going into his open mouth. He choked and spit it all out, the projectile missing us narrowly.

"I'm going to get you for that!" Aurelio said and Frida squealed and rushed to get away from him. He took off after her.

"I'm going to go find him," Boonsri told us, as if we cared to know.

Figuring I had a better idea of where Colin must be, I told Abeo I had to go to the bathroom and slipped away from the crowd and towards the house. Once inside, I immediately crashed into Boonsri who had turned the corner.

"Watch where you're going, bitch," she said without looking at me.

I raised an eyebrow. "I'm certainly doing the watching- you and Colin. Why the sudden interest in him, huh? You didn't even know he existed until Abeo broke up with you. What are your intentions?"

"What, are you his overprotective brother or something? What's it to you? Mind your own damn business," She spat and made a move to slip past me but I blocked her way.

"It is my damn business when you try to use him in this game you're playing."

She scoffed. "What game?"

"You know very well that you're using Colin to make Abeo jealous!" I hissed.

"Well," her lips curled up in a smirk. "Is it working? Is that why you're mad, because you know Abeo still loves me?"

"You're disgusting," I sneered and grabbed her arm in a tight grip. I knew I was digging my nails into her flesh and was hoping for a wince to tell me that she was in pain but her face betrayed no emotions. In fact, she looked smug at see me so riled up. "Don't drag Colin into your mess. Or anyone else for that matter."

"I'm going to do whatever the fuck I want," she said triumphantly. "Try and stop me."

Then she shook my hand off her and strode off into another room, calling out to Colin in a sweet as honey voice, completely opposite to the venomous tone she used for me.

Heaving an irritated sigh, I walked towards the bathroom closest to the front door, knowing he must be hiding in there.

Boonsri was getting on my last nerve with whatever she was trying to do by involving Colin. If she was going to try and get him to date her, it wouldn't be hard. He was practically a lost puppy in front of her. He'd be easily charmed by her and wouldn't believe his luck that one of the most popular girls in the school wanted to date him. All I could do was to warn him before he was too far gone and hope he'd think with his brain and not his hormones.

I reached the bathroom door and could hear low whispers on the other side. It didn't sound like two people were having a conversation so I could only assume that Colin was giving himself a pep talk.