5 0 | J U L I A

The wound on my arm was starting to scab now. The area itched a lot but I wasn't going to undo the healing it had undergone all these days.

It was a few weeks after Ajax left and I was so happy with his absence. Those three weeks with him had tested my patience, drove me to my limits and made me long for pre-Ajax days.

I had heard from Braxton that he had started recording the album, my album and so far everyone was very impressed with him. I had to admit he had a good voice and if it wasn't for him stealing my works I would've probably appreciated his talent and regarded him as a fellow singer friend who wasn't always tolerable.

Although singing and composing songs were two separate things, I just couldn't ignore that he had indeed claimed my songs as his. Despite it not being the same thing, it felt like he had stolen a part of my voice.

It was painful to hear Braxton go on and on about his activities and things he did everyday at the studio. He was oblivious to my utmost disinterest in his friend's whereabouts but still, he sounded so proud and happy for him that I didn't have the heart to be honest with him.

Instead, I just imagined he was talking about me and that all the praises he showered on Ajax were directed at me.

As if it wasn't enough, TalentNest had already started endorsing him. He had got a couple of small ad offers and I saw him on a bus outside the library, looking handsome and expertly advertising a new brand of watches. Suffice to say, I wasn't going to get on any bus thereafter which had his face on it.

"Look," Jade said, pushing her phone in front of my face. "This is Ajax's debut album, isn't it? It's all over TalentNest's Instagram. Some of the artists of the agency have also posted about it on their own Instagram. It's already getting a lot of hype, mainly because Ajax is so good looking."

"Great," I said flatly. I hadn't told her about what he did.

"I know I'm supposed to hate him because you do but I actually think he's okay. He's talented, that's for sure. I mean he had us all under a spell of some sorts when he sang at Braxton's birthday. He's going to be so big and famous one day!"

I mustered up a smile for her sake. "So what about your friend who you have a crush on?" I asked, changing the topic which worked.

"Oh, her," she said bitterly. "She's dating that guy I told you about who also had eyes for her. He asked her out and she said yes."

"Yay!" Said Jude as he walked by us with a stack of books in his strong arms. "I'd like to thank him."

Jade huffed. "I haven't given up! I'm just waiting for her to break up with him. They're obviously not a good match, definitely not meant to be."

"You're just jealous to see them sucking faces in front of you," he said from the next aisle. "If you're up for it, I'm more than ready to be your rebound. Use me to heal your broken heart!" He offered, sounding way too desperate for it to be considered cute to Jade, but I still found it cute nonetheless.

"No thanks," she said, rolling her eyes but then she smiled.

Jude groaned. "Fine, I'll come back later to see if you changed your mind."

It wasn't very likely in the way I heard Jade ramble on about her friend.

After I was done dusting the shelves,  I returned back to my seat at the counter to collect my things. I had stayed overtime to help her out. My hand subconsciously patted my bag to feel for my songbook. It was something I did ever since a certain someone abused it.

I should really invest in a laptop to have a more secure place to save my songs. Unfortunately, that would have to wait until after I'd saved some money. The guitar I'd bought two months ago had alone had left a big dent in my pocket.