7 6 | J U L I A

It was amazing how lighter one could feel after confiding a part of you in another person. I felt lighter and happier around Braxton, even more comfortable and close to him and it was more due to the fact that he didn't treat me any differently than before. He still insisted that I go to therapy but otherwise it was like the conversation had never happened.

And I was so grateful because that was what I wanted– to be treated normally despite my flaws inside and out.

"Okay, stop. You look creepy." Jade's voice startled me.

Only then did I realize I was smiling widely. "You didn't leave yet?"

"Obviously. Tell me why you were smiling like that?"

"No reason. Just thinking about that compliment from Mr. Bennett. It still makes my day even if it's been weeks."

"I'm not an idiot. That smile is the one I have when I'm thinking of Lucija."

"Like Jude when he's thinking of you," I retorted. That shut her up.

She pulled her bag over her shoulders. "Alright, I'm leaving."

"Ignorance isn't always a bliss!" I called after her.

The door opened. Cold wind swept inside making goosebumps erupt all over my arms and I leaned forward to see who had come in.

"Then I better enjoy now before it properly fucks up my friendship with him," she said and as she had turned back to reply to me, she crashed into the person who had just entered and the two yelped as they tumbled to the floor.

I was out of my seat and on the other side of the counter to help them up. Jade rolled away from the person she had landed on top of. It was a woman. A very beautiful woman. She slowly sat up and groaned as she touched the back of her head. I hurriedly held out a hand for her.

"Thank you," she said as she got to her feet.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah," she said slowly. She let out a small 'ow' when her fingers prodded at an area on her head which had apparently taken the brunt of the fall.

"I'm so sorry," Jade rushed to her. "Are you hurt anywhere?"

"My head just hurts a bit. I'll be fine. You should really watch where you're going though." She didn't sound mad at Jade for knocking her down. In fact she was smiling.

"I usually do. It's just that this woman here was distracting me." Jade pointed to me.

"Me? You were the one walking backwards," I protested.

She ignored our bickering and focused her gaze on me. "Hi, I'm Thwayya Borg." The woman held out a hand for me to shake.

"I'm Julia...Sanders." I said and saw her left eyebrow twitch up imperceptibly at my hesitance. Using my last name always left a bad taste in my mouth.

"I'm Jade. We work here. If you need help with anything or want to check out a book, she'll help you," Jade said and Thwayya looked at her as if she had forgotten her presence.

"Oh, thank you."

"See you later." Jade called to me, nodded at Thwayya and left.

"What books are you looking for?" I asked.

"Uh," she paused for a long time as I led her to the shelves. "Something on Managerial Economics," she said finally. "I'm doing my bachelor's in business management."

"Oh, what year?"

"First."

I figured. She did look only an year older to me at most.