2 5 | J U L I E T

I walked inside and Colin pulled out a chair for me.

"So you work here?" I asked, looking around.

"Yeah, part-time kitchen assistant, waiter and cleaner." He brought me a bottled water and a bar of dark chocolate. "Here, you don't seem to be in a good mood. This will help."

"Oh, thank you." I moved to pull out my wallet to pay for the chocolate which I didn't really ask for but looking at it changed my mind.

"No, it's on me." He said quickly.

I smiled. "Thanks, but no thanks." I took out the money and pushed it towards him.

"You sure?"

"I'm sure."

Leaving me to eat, he got up and started working. "I didn't know you knew how to ride a motorcycle, especially such a big and heavy one."

"Did you know a lot of things about me?"

"No, not a lot. How am I supposed to when we never really talked before now."

"Well, now you know something about me. I love motorcycles and I can ride one. What about you?"

"Nah, I'm really short for the big ones. My feet will barely reach the ground." Colin pushed his glasses up his nose and looked at me. "But I think you're really cool. Is it yours?"

"Thanks. And not really, it was Dan's but now it's mine."

His face turned sour. "Oh, your brother. Anyway, why were you here?"

I shook my head, reminded of the five - well, four vermin who were going to corner me. "Nothing, just went for a ride and lost my way."

It was true. In my haste to get away from them I took way too any turns and went from through many alleys. I couldn't remember the way back.

"Oh, you can tell me your address and I'll give you directions."

"That'd be great." I gave him the address and he pointed me in the right direction. When we stood up, it was quite apparent that he was shorter than me by half a foot from my six feet frame. Thanking him again for helping me and for the chocolate, I left.

When I reached home, Dan and Harper looked excited for some reason but the moment they saw me, their faces fell.

"You're okay?" Harper asked, not even bothering to hide her disappointment.

They had heard that I was called to the principal's office and that Maira had made complained against me so I was sure they were expecting me to have been cornered by them after school and were hoping to see me all bloodied and bruised.

"Wha does it look like?" I retorted. "I'm perfectly fucking fine but you won't be if you don't take your ugly face out of my sight."

Dan got up and rushed outside and when he came back, his eyes were crazed and he looked beyond mad. "What did you do to my bike?!" He yelled. He seemed to have forgotten what I was capable of because he got all close and aggressive. His hand wrapped around my upper arm and he shook me for answers.

"Relax, it's just a tiny scratch. It's barely visible." I pushed his hand away and sneered at him. "And don't fucking touch me."

He looked like he was about to do something and I rolled my eyes at his overreaction.

Daisy came out at that second and she had heard everything. "Julia, we allowed you to use Dan's bike but that does not mean it's okay for you to use it the way you like. You're not to allow any more damage to come to it."

"Sure, if me taking his bike and all of you being too scared to take it back from me is what you call 'allowing' me to use it, then okay, I'll do my best to make sure it isn't damaged further but I make no promises." I shrugged indifferently. "And by the way, I don't remember you treating me like that bike, as if I'm precious and need to be protected. No, I actually remember that it was the opposite of that. So give me a damn good reason as to why I should listen to you."

The three were silent.

"Just what I thought." I said, eyeing them all with a venomous glare. "Now, I'm hungry so Daisy you better make me something delicious or I'll make sure that bike won't just have a small scratch next time."

Harper had had enough of this and decided to intervene. "Julia, how can you be like this? We've had enough of you. My mom is not your maid or cook. If you're hungry, go cook for yourself.  We've excused your behavior for the past few days but you're been too much of a brat now. You can't order us around like that. My dad and mom adopted you and treated you with such love and care and gave you everything an orphan like you might need. You wouldn't be here and blessed with food, money and clothes if it weren't for my parents' kindness and this is how you decide to treated them? Are you not even a little grateful for all they did for you?"

She thought she'd get me to yield to her if she could manipulate me emotionally. I wanted to laugh at her words.

"Grateful for what? For making my life hell when I would've been a hundred times better anywhere else than here? For literally making me your slave and for all the bruises and pain you put me through? If that's the case, I'd also like to make you all grateful towards me so should I return you the favour by giving you the exact equivalent of the years worth of torture you gave me?" I took a threatening step towards her. "Should I?" I smiled chillingly. "I dare you to say that wasn't what you all did to me."

She didn't answer but turned around and stalked to her room.

"You know what I want. Do I need to repeat myself?" I asked Daisy and she quickly scrambled towards the kitchen after throwing me a weak glare she could muster.

I sighed when I saw Dan was still there, fuming. "You got something to say?"

"You might think you've won and that you're free but I promise you, Julia, I'm going to drag you back to how you were before."

"I'd like to see you try. No doubt it'd be entertaining to see your pathetic ass fail every single time."

He returned my smile and if someone were to see us, they'd think we were having a loving sibling conversation. "Don't be so overconfident. I'll take care of you one day and that day you'd wish you would never have crossed us."

"What are you going to do, kill me? For that, you'd need a few other people because I know for sure your lone self can't handle me. If by some luck you manage to get me killed, then I'd be sure to leave a shit ton of evidence before that to implicate you so you and your shitty family can have your merry time in a prison somewhere for a long, long time."

"Killing you would be too easy of a punishment for you. What I'll do is none of your concern, it'd ruin the surprise. So you just wait and watch."

I didn't dare take his threat lightly. I didn't fully know the extent to which he was ready to go to take me down so I would've to be more careful and watch over shoulder at every step.

 I didn't fully know the extent to which he was ready to go to take me down so I would've to be more careful and watch over shoulder at every step

Don't forget to vote, comment, share and follow!