9 6 | J U L I A

I paced the shore since Darius departed. I had no other option but to go to Braxton. But I couldn't bring myself to walk toward his house.

Every time I mustered some courage to turn toward it, it all vanished after taking a few steps.

Norman's yacht taunted me from the water. I wanted to see if he could take me back but I hadn't seen him near his yacht for hours now and that was suprising considering how much he loved Destiny, him being anywhere but on that yacht felt weird. I didn't want to risk running into the kids he was with because they might think I was Juliet.

Finally, he graced me with his presence just as the sky began to darken, scaring me half to death when his voice disturbed the calm silence around me.

"Why are you looking at Destiny like that?"

"I'm thinking of stealing it," I said seriously.

"Do you even know how to start her?"

"I don't." I paused. "Norman, I need you to take me back to the city right now."

"What? I knew it, you were sitting here for that. Are you nuts? There's a storm coming."

He looked to the horizon and I followed his gaze. Sure enough, frighteningly dark clouds were approaching this way.

"Going out to sea right now would be a death wish."

"Darius left in that direction," I whispered, then jumped to my feet. I pulled out my phone and called him.

"Goddamn this stupid signal." I raised the phone as high as I could and ran around the shore for it.

"Go home! It'll be dangerous out here," Norman called out to me.

I shot up a hand in response which even I wasn't sure what it meant. But it was clear staying out wasn't an option and neither was staying with Norman and the kids.

"Oh, thank God, finally." I said as the call connected.

"H-Hello." His voice came stuttering.

There were a series of 'can you hear me's from both of us until we finally could.

"Darius, are you okay?"

"What do you mean?"

"There's going to be a storm here and you left a while back in the same direction. You're safe, right?"

"Oh wow, you calling to check up on me? I didn't think you were capable of worrying about anything else which didn't involve Braxton." His sarcasm gave me the answer but still it wouldn't hurt to confirm.

"Please, just answer the question."

"Yes, I'm back home safe and sound and in one piece. Didn't get caught up in any storm."

I breathed a sigh of relief. "Good." Then I realized what he had done to me, then my tone turned abrupt. "Well, bye."

"Where are you?"

"On the island where you left me behind." I couldn't help but make a jab.

"Where exactly on that island?"

"Braxton's house, of course. Where else would I go?"

"Really?" He asked, sounding like he really didn't believe me.

"Really," I repeated more firmly.

"Then pass the phone to him."

I pinched the bridge of my nose, thinking of ways that I could get out of this. "He is in his room. I don't want to disturb him."