1 9 | J U L I E T

It was many days later when I was finally in the mood to see those shitheads at school.

"Julie-AAA!" Eli shouted from a distance. I turned around to see him and  Frida coming my way. They stopped in front of me and Eli chuckled nervously, looked around to see if anyone caught on to him almost calling me Juliet. "How are you?" Then he stood up on his tiptoes to try to reach my height and whispered, "I thought you were scared and would never come back again. I missed you."

I scoffed. "Excuse you. That word and I have nothing to do with each other."

"But why didn't you attend all these days? It was almost two weeks." Frida said and then added, "The Sanders' didn't try anything, right?"

"I can handle those dickheads. I was just not in the mood."

"You do know that attendance is important, right?"

"Of course. Don't worry, I'll make everything right for Julia."

"Nia was looking for you for what you did that day."

I stopped in my tracks. "Who?"

"Nia Kimathi. You dumped food on her."

"Oh, that drama queen." I remembered and continued walking.

Eli chuckled excitedly. "She would not like that someone forgot her name."

"I understand. That's exactly what I'm going through. This stupid town really didn't recognize me and I was way more popular than Shia or Mia or whatever her name is." I grumbled.

"You should be careful today. Those five are around and they are pissed for some reason. It wouldn't be good for you." I could see she was concerned about me today.

I smirked. "Oh, you don't have to worry about that."

"Are you sure? I think we three should stick together everywhere we go."

"Frida, do you get bullied too?"

"Not quite as often as Julia. Same with Eli. Why?"

"Then what's the point of us sticking together when I know you two won't do shit if the five come at us."

Eli piped in. "It's better that three bear the brunt rather than for one to bear all of it."

"I don't think they work like that." I rolled my eyes.

"I just wanted you to know that we'll be there for you."

"Thanks? Although I don't think you'll be of any help."

"Hey!" Eli sounded offended. "We aren't all that useless."

"You know what?" I stopped abruptly, causing both of them to run into my back. "I think what you two need are self defense lessons."

Frida and Eli immediately fanned my sides. "Oh no no, even if we learned anything it wouldn't matter because we'd be too scared to do anything." Frida reasoned.

"I wasn't asking. I'm telling you that I'm going to give you self defense classes. I'll teach you everything I know."

They looked at me unsurely. "I don't think we'd have time," Eli said.

"Well, you have to make time for this. It's important."

"But we've got to study. We aren't particularly bright students."

"Eli, I'm about to repeat eleventh grade. I've attended one of the best high schools and I've been one of the brightest in my class. I think I can help you out there too. You're getting free lessons from the smartest girl you'll ever meet plus you're getting lessons on how to not get your ass beat, what the fuck is your problem?"

"But-"

"Shut the fuck up. You're going to do as I say and I'm not hearing a no."

Eli jumped up. "Okay, mom." He muttered as we continued walking but I ignored him.

"So...my first class is Chemistry. Do any of you share the class with me?" I asked as we reached the lockers.

"Oh no."

"What is it, Eli?"

"We have a Chemistry test today. What're you going to do?" Eli asked me.

Frida whacked him on the back of his head. "She just told you she was brilliant in school. I think the one who should worry about that test is you."

"That's right." I nodded approvingly. Chemistry was going to be a piece of cake.

"God, you're right. Holy smokes, I need to study! I'm going to go ask Colin to teach me everything he knows. I don't have much time." Eli hurried away with his books.

"Why the fuck are you going to Colin when I'm here?" I yelled at him.

"Sorry!" He replied before he turned the corner. "You don't even know the syllabus. I need to learn from someone I'm confident in. Don't worry, you'll soon be that person, just not right now."

I shook my head at him but understood his view. I turned to Frida. "So do I have Chemistry with Colin?"

She shook her head. "You have Chemistry with Kaan."

"Oh, what do you have right now?"

"Physics." She groaned. "I hate it."

"Me too."I agreed. "But didn't stop me from excelling in it. I think I'll need to take a look at all the concepts again for this year."

"You do know where's class, right?" Frida asked. "And are you really confident about this test?"

"Yeah, I took a look around on my first day. And what the hell, why are you even asking me that. I'm going to ace it."

"You have Chemistry with Boonsri as well and as of now, she's the smartest girl I know, unless you top the test and prove me wrong."

I smiled. "Get ready to be proven wrong."

Don't forget to vote, comment, share and follow!