1 5 | J U L I E T

I wanted nothing more than to go back to Julia's hellhole and break a few bones in Dan's anatomy if he was up for losing again but instead I agreed to go for lunch with Frida and Eli. I wanted to get to know them better anyway to see if I could really trust them, and also because I was hungry, after all I did skip breakfast only to come to school and get beat up the moment I set foot here.

So I impatiently waited for my turn in the lunch line as I surveyed my surroundings for the five cowards who couldn't make shit happen if they weren't together. I didn't see them anywhere which was a relief as I wanted to eat peacefully.

Once we got our lunch, I stormed over to the centre table and slammed my tray down only to see that Eli and Frida hadn't followed me and were just standing a few feet away, frozen. "What?" I asked. "Sit down."

Frida hurried over to my side and looked around nervously. "This is not our table. We aren't supposed to sit here."

"Well, sucks for whoever the fuck thinks they're entitled to this fucking table. I'm here now so it's mine. Now sit the fuck down you two."

The two looked panicked and I became aware of the several eyes on us. They were whispering amongst themselves and stealing glances at our table with some of them not being subtle about it.

Seeing that I had no intention of getting up, Frida and Eli took seats next to me with a sigh.

"Someone really wants me to die tonight," Eli muttered to Frida and she nodded, whispering a "same" at him.

I really didn't know what more worse could happen after getting beat up the way I had but if my experience with high school dramas had taught me anything, there must be a queen bee around here who has the only right to sit at the centre of the table. What no one knew was that I was the queen bee of a different, better colony.

Just as I had expected, the clicking of the heels on the cafeteria floor filled the hall and they only stopped when they were behind me. I didn't turn around to acknowledge them. The girl cleared her throat behind me but I still didn't react.

Huffing, she finally came into view, slamming one hand on the table while her other hand held her lunch. "Excuse me, who do you think you are to sit here?"

I looked up at her. "Are we really going to fight over a table like kids?" I asked as I popped a French fry into my mouth.

She was gorgeous, almost rivalling my beauty with her clear melanin skin and waist long dreadlocks. She was flanked by two equally beautiful girls who were glaring down at me. One was a brown girl with thick black wavy hair and a mole under her left eye and the other was a cute one with shoulder length black hair but she looked a little dumb.

My eyes settled on their main girl. "I'm not getting up so you can stop wasting my time."

She scoffed. A few jocks were starting to gather behind her as they tried to look over the towering beauty. "Get up before I make you."

I yawned. "Nope."

She straightened up. "Then you asked for this."

I knew exactly what she was going to do and I wasn't about to let another person step over me like that. She was about to tip her lunch all over me but I quickly placed a hand on the bottom of the tray and flicked it in the opposite direction. Gasps resonated all over the cafeteria as the girl shrieked when the food ended up all over her clothes.

Some of it got on the brown girl and she  started spewing out a bunch of curse words. The other girl who looked dumb to me had managed to get out of the way.

"You bitch!" The girl in the middle spit out. "How dare you do that?!"

"Come at me when you aren't covered in your own food, okay?" I said and glanced around the table to take in Frida and Eli's shocked looks. I looked around and was satisfied to see Maira with her eyes almost bulged out, Josiah, Mike and Murat's jaws on the ground and Kaan looking at me in surprise. I smirked. Harper and Dan looked shocked.