4 2 | J U L I A

Without answering Park Geun, I set off toward my room. Slamming the door shut behind me to drown out the familiar lyrics, I search frantically for my song book. I didn't find it where I last left it.

Instead it was left open right on my desk as if mocking me. With various pages ripped out. Most of my songs were gone. All that remained were few of them which I was the least confident about.

But it made no sense. I had just written in it this morning. It was fine then. How could've Ajax stolen my songs in such a short amount of time and prepared for his performance tonight?

Unless he had been preparing for it for days and had stolen it way before. I did remember how odd it was when he suddenly started being busy, doing something, focusing on something, telling us to gear up for Braxton's birthday because he had a surprise for us.

I picked up the now thin book which was previously filled with all of my hard work. Songs that I had been composing for years now, taken away in a matter of days with no proof that they belonged to me.

Being a composer wasn't really top priority. What I wanted to be mainly was a singer. But still having your work snatched off without you realizing until it was already gone was numbing. I felt hollow.

I racked my brain for any opportunity that Ajax got to get away with my songs. But then a scene came to the forefront where I was getting ready to leave for work and had carelessly kept my bag on the kitchen counter with my book in it and returned to find Ajax in the kitchen near my bag. I didn't see him take the book but I was certain he got away with pictures and then decided to tear out the pages tonight to erase any evidence. I practiced a lot in my room and often wasn't aware of my surroundings in that state. Maybe he heard me singing and recorded the song because that was the only thing that could explain how he even managed to copy my melody.

I gripped at the desk, feeling light headed. I heard my tunes, my lyrics, my hard work come to an end as he finished singing the song. He had only just tweaked some words to suit a man singing it.

This was the song I had been practicing and perfecting endlessly everyday. The song I was going to sing for Braxton because it was my best work yet.

Slowly I made my way out of the room, intending to confront him once everyone's attention is diverted elsewhere. But that was not the case. Everyone looked mesmerized by the song as a round of applause sounded louder than the three who performed previously had gotten. A few people from the agency who were present at the party looked impressed by him.

I saw them seeking him out once he was off the stage. I didn't need to be close to them to know that they were looking to sign up with the agency. I was confident my lyrics alone could overshadow a singer's voice and this was proving true. It didn't come to their notice the many mistakes he committed while rendering the song. He smiled humbly at them and telling then about the other songs he had worked hard on and wrote himself.

I heard the producers fix an informal meeting with him tomorrow at their office. Everything that was supposed to have been mine was being cruelly snatched away in front of my eyes.

Once he was left alone, I stalked towards him and pulled him by his arm to drag him somewhere quiet.

"What the hell was that, Ajax?! You stole my songs!" I lashed out, for once not caring if I was being loud.

He raised an eyebrow at my volume. "That is a wild accusation, Julia. Have you got any proof?"

His audacity to imply that I was accusing him only fueled my anger. "Where did you keep those pages? Where are the rest of my songs? What did you do to them?" I asked exasperatedly.