5 2 | J U L I A

"Well?" I said after he didn't speak even after two whole minutes. "What do you think?"

My words seemed to snap him out of his daze and he opened his mouth. I pulled at the full length sleeves of my shirt for the sake of having something to do as my stomach cramped up with nerves.

"That. Was. Stunning," he stressed on every word, rising up to clap for me.

I blushed. "Really? You're not joking, are you?" I asked to confirm, my heart beating fast at his compliment.

"Of course not! I would never do that when it comes to talent. And you, Julia,  you have a lot of talent and potential. Holy crap, that was brilliant!"

"Thank you," I said.

"You've chosen the right thing. You are meant to be singer. You're going to be a great one."

"Thank you," I said again, my heart bursting with joy after weeks of despair. "Your approval means a lot."

He smiled and to my surprise, extended a hand to ruffle my hair. "Now I'm hundred percent sure you aren't Juliet. She really can't sing," he revealed, bursting out laughing.

I couldn't help but chuckle at his words.

"So what are your plans? You want to be singer but have you thought about how you're going to go about that?" He asked, bending down to pick up my guitar. He started examining it, running his fingers over the surface.

"Once I save up enough money, I'll enroll myself into a music school or a private tuition to get professional training. Once I get a degree, I'll audition for various labels and talent shows and hope someone will notice me. It all depends on luck but I'll stay positive throughout. I want to make it big like you guys," I confided.

"Hmm," he said with a frown. "Music degrees are a little...useless. It won't do you much good to get into a music school. It will just eat up most of your money."

"I know it's not a great plan but this is the best I got. I just needed to know if it was going to be worth it, if I was good enough and I think I am now. Of course, I can do better than this so I'm not giving up. As long as I have voice, I think I can make it happen."

"I admire your determination. Good luck," he said, patting my shoulder after which he left rather abruptly, leaving me a little confused but I put it down to him being tired.

Needless to say, I relayed it all to Jade at the library and she was happy for me.

"That's great!" She enthused. "Braxton praised you! He has quite an eye for talent. That's enough for me to know you're amazing. I'm sure you'll make it big, just like Ajax. If he can, so can you. I'll support you."

The mention of Ajax put a bit of a damper on my mood and I sighed loudly. "Thanks. I'll sing to you sometime."

"Yeah, totally. Maybe we'll have a little concert for you here. You know, to get you into some practice for when you'll do actual real concerts."

I chuckled. "In the library? Mrs. Quinn will have our head for it! The library is supposed to be a quiet place to read, not for impromptu concerts from struggling artists."

"She'll live."

Before I could say anything I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. Jade wandered away to give me some privacy. I took it out and there was an unknown number flashing on my screen. I accepted the call and pressed it to my ear.

"Hello?"

"Hi, am I talking to Julia?" The familiar voice asked and it took me a few seconds to realize it was Millie Baker from my foster home. I remembered leaving my number with her and not taking hers instead.