Chapter Twenty-Five

Before we left, I left a note on the kitchen table for my dad telling him I would be with Nick for the day and that we would talk when I get back.

I wanted to drive my own car so I would be able to leave when I pleased but, Nick convinced me otherwise.

We pulled up to Nick's house and I looked at him in confusion, 'I thought we were going to ride horses?"

"We are" he got out of the truck and walked around to open my door, "Come on" he said while grabbing my hand helping me out the truck.

I didn't say anything as he lead me to the back of his house down a brick path. There were trees and flowers everywhere. It was nice. We walked out into a huge field. As far as I could see there was freshly cut green grass. I could see a white picket fence surrounding the land  and a couple of horses roaming eating grass.

"Are we riding those horses?" I asked pointing to the horses.

"No they aren't tamed yet. The horses we are riding are out in the barn. Follow me" he started walking towards the barn before I could say anything.

                                            Nicklaus  pov

I chuckled to myself as I recalled this morning. That was a hell of a way to meet Scarlett's dad for the first time. He probably thinks I'm some ass trying to sleep with his daughter!

"What's funny?" Scarlett asked me as we got to the barn.

"Nothing", then I remembered, "What's your dad name?"

"John, why?"

"He didn't tell me his name earlier". I walked into the barn and the familiar smell of hay and horse shit hit my nose.

I took a deep breath of the smell an a instant since of calm washed over me.

"Which is yours?" Scarlett asked me while rubbing the nose of Josie.

"Technically there all mines, but my personal favorite is the horse your currently petting" I nodded my head towards my beautiful black stallion with white hair. "I raised Josie since she was born"

"She's beautiful." she said stroking her hair. "Is she who I will be riding?"

"Nope she's mine. You will be riding Spot. He's a more gentle well tamed horse."

"I don't need anything gentle Klaus" she looked up at me with heat burning in her dark eyes, obviously meaning more than just the horse.

My libido was starting to come alive as my breath hitched. Whoa whoa, calm down man, you don't want to end up doing it in horse shit.

"Where's Spot?" she suddenly asked me.

"Over here" I walked over to the white horse with brown spots on him.

"I see why you named him Spot" she chuckled when she saw him and I couldn't help how adorable she looked. "When you say they are all yours you mean you own all of them?"

"Yes ma'am, bought and raised by me" she just nodded.

She was rubbing Spots nose when I walk up behind her and wrapped my arms around her. She jumped at my sudden touch but relaxed in my arms after a few seconds.

"Ready to ride?" I whispered softly into her ear. She nodded and I pressed a soft kiss to the back of her neck. "Then let's ride"

She's making me go crazy.....