Chapter Thirty-Seven

His brother! "You told me you didn't have any siblings." I stated in confusion.

"I told you that because my brother and I have never gotten along. When we we're little he used to tease me, bully me, hit and beat me until I begged him to stop." A dark shadow passed over my dad, "He hated me because he said I'd never be worth anything. One day I came home from school to find my parent's splattered across the house."

I quietly listened to my father's story, "Decon killed them, but he pinned it on me. I ran from my town. I ran and ran until I got to Oklahoma. Someone found me and put me in an orphanage, that's where I met your mother at the age of 9. When someone would try to adopt one of us we caused a scene to make them not want us anymore so we could stay together. As the years went by and your mother started getting older the older boys started to mess with her and I couldn't take it. We came up with a plan to break out and we ran away from there at 16 and never looked back." tears had welled up in my eyes by now.

"Decon must have been keeping tabs on me since I left. Your mother was my forbidden love and he found out about her and couldn't stand me being happy so he planned to kill her. For years he waited for his chance to strike and I never expected it coming. When he saw how happy I was and and learned of your mothers pregnancy he wanted to hit me where he knew would hurt most."

I was in complete shock! All of this happened because of my dads psychopathic brother. "But why"

"He always hated me because felt like our parents liked me better than him. When really they loved of the same. He couldn't stand it when I was born. When our parents found out how much he tortured me they sent him away." he took a deep breath, "That's why he killed them because he felt like that didn't want him anymore when really they just wanted him to get better." He paused for a little while. "He kidnapped me. He was planning on killing me and then leaving my head at our front door for you to see" I sucked in a breath, "when he was off guard I crippled him. I tied him down and beat him until he told me why he did all of this. When he finally told me I killed him. I killed my own brother because I knew if i let him go he would come after you to finish it off. I couldn't let that happen Kenna. I had to do what needed to be done. What should have been done years ago. It's finally over McKenna and I'm so sorry it took this long."

I was crying when my dad finished telling me what happened. I stood up and went to hug my dad. We hugged and cried together.

"Alright now they will be arriving soon" he kissed me on top of my and let me go. He wiped the tear from my face and his own.

"What am I supposed to do about the baby?" I asked after some time went by.

"Do you want to keep it?" I nodded yes. "Then tell Nick" was all he said before I felt them coming.

"There coming, don't tell them. I want to tell Nick first"

"Of course"

......................................................................................

Thanksgiving dinner went by smoothly and I really enjoyed myself with their company. It felt like a real family.

Speaking of family, I need to tell nick about the baby.

It was a little past 10 and we are all in the livingroom watching a movie called Lawless.

Nick and I are sitting wrapped together on the love seat, Jenn is sitting on Trent's lap on the short sofa, and my dad and Ranae are laying together on the long couch.

"I want to show you something" Nick whispered in my ear. The feel of his warm breath on my ear made my body respond to him. I look at his beautiful green hazel eyes and nodded okay. "Mr. Morgan is it okay if I take Scarlett somewhere? I want to show her something"

My dad looked at me as if silently telling me to tell him. I gave him a very small nod. "Yes it's fine, just be back by 1"

"Yes sir" Nick said to my dad then told me to grab a jacket so I won't be cold. After I got it we left telling everyone we would see them later.

Seems like we both have a surprise....