Epilogue

One year later

I stood on the side of Ranae, along with Jennifer as I watched my soon to be step-mom say her vows. She looked absolutely beautiful in her cream colored, strapless A-Line wedding dress.

My dad look handsome in his black tailored suit that was made just for hin. His best man is Trent and other groomsmen was Chad (Ranae's brother) and they look quite handsome also.

One year ago after Nick left, My dad, Ranae, Jennifer, Trent, and I all sat down and we told them the truth.

We told them everything from our real names to what brought us to Texas in the first place.  Even after great reluctance my dad trusted them enough to tell them about me being a hybrid. They were shocked and scared at first but once we told more about it they began to relax.

They accepted me for who I really was and that made me feel happy.

I was surprised that none of them were mad at us for lying to them for so long but they only said they understand why we did.

Now Looking at Ranae and my dad and seeing the love they have for each other made me think of Nicklaus.

Hot pain shot through my chest as his memories filled my head. It has been a whole year since I've heard from him, seen him, and touched him. Tears started to form in my eyes from the painful thoughts of me and Nicklaus. I took a deep breath and willed the thoughts away.

I made Trent promise me that he wouldn't say anything about the baby to Nick. He was reluctant at first saying that he had the right to know -which he did- but after some time of convincing him he finally promised me he wouldn't tell him. But he made me promise that one day I would tell him. I promised.

I looked over at Ranae's mom who is holding my beautiful 3 month old daughter.

The pregnancy went along with no major problems but it was hard for me because it was always a reminder of Nicklaus.

I named her after my mother Kamille Grace Maxwell. We both had my mothers middle name. But she had both her first and middle name. My father loved that I named her after my mother. He told me that she would be grinning from ear to ear and be so proud of me.

I looked at my baby girl who looked like me but had her father's eyes and lips. She looked at me and smiled a wide toothless smile and I couldn't help but grin back at her with all the love I felt.

....................................................................................

The wedding was over and me and Kamille headed home. She was asleep peacefully in the backseat of my car. She looked absolutely adorable in her light pink dress and matching shoes. She couldn't walk yet but I still like to put her on shoes.

My dad and Ranae went on their honeymoon to some exotic island, for a week. I'm glad he's finally happy.

We got home and I took her and the car seat out and walked inside up to my room. The only difference in my room was the baby crib and her clothes, other than that nothing has changed.

I took her out her crib and changed her into her pj's, she fussd a little but calmed down when I rocked her for a little while. When I knew she was sleep I laid her in her crib.

As I watched her sleep memories of Nicklaus came flooding back to my mind.

"Will you promise to marry me one day..."

My hand drifted to the ring I had on a chain around my neck. I unhooked the necklace and took the ring off and just stood there looking at it. Before I realized tears were running down my face.

"I miss you" I whispered.

I took a quick shower, made sure that Kamille was still sound asleep, laid down in my empty bed, and went to sleep with Nick still on my mind. I knew it would get easier as the days go by but as I fell asleep I knew tomorrow would be hard.

The end.