Chapter Twenty-One

Nicklaus  pov

We Won!!! I was more than happy that we won against our rivals. Scarlett being here only made it better. I couldn't stop looking at her the whole game.

We were only that close to loosing because I wasn't as focused as I usually be.

The game was over and Leila ran to me hugging and kissing on me. I did my best to hide my dislike towards her. All I really wanted was for it to be Scarlett who ran to me.

I saw Jennifer go up to Trent shyly telling him good game and he swung her up in a circle and said thank you.

2 days ago after there date Trent came to me so excited to tell me how it went. He said he was an idiot to have waited so long to ask her out because she was amazing. They made it official yesterday and I can already tell he's in love with her. Might as well start planning their wedding. I thought to myself laughing.

Then Scarlett walked over to tell my team good game and it took all the power in me not to break every last one of the guys hands who touched hers, giving her high fives.

Leila made her way under my arm so it rested across her shoulders when Scarlett finally looked at me.

I couldn't help but think of what happened 2 nights ago at the park. Her crying in my arms. My eyes softened at her and she looked at me confused for a minute then she said a final goodbye and left.

......................................................................................

                                            McKenna pov

It's almost 1 in the morning. Dad where are you? I am really worried about my dad because I haven't heard from him all day. He text me yesterday before school saying that he was fine but he was going to be out longer than he planned. Then he said he would text me this morning but I still haven't heard from him.

My mind was drifting to the worst case scenario when my phone buzzed. I expected it to be my dad but it wasn't.

Did you enjoy the game?
                                                          -Nick

My pulse started to race seeing his name. My dad forgotten for the moment. I don't see why he would be texting me, I figured he would be celebrating their win with Leila. I had a frown on my face when I finally decided to reply.

      Yeah it was good
                                                              -Scar

I'm glad you enjoyed yourself, I could tell you liked it.
                                                              -Nick

I'm surprised you noticed me, you looked to preoccupied with Leila to care.
                                                              -Scar

After I hit send I regretted it. You sound like a jealous bitch. It took him a while to respond and I thought he wouldn't until my phone buzzed again.

So your saying you were watching me the whole time huh.
                                                              -Nick

No. But Leila made it hard no to notice.
                                                              -Scar

Someone sounds jealous!
                                                              -Nick

I have no reason to be jealous. It's not like I want you anyway. She can have you.
                                                             -Scar 

I had thought that would shut him up but he simply sent back. We'll see. I didn't respond back instead I just sighed and locked my phone and sat it on the bedside table.

Buzz, buzz, buzz!

I picked my phone back up and saw that he sent me another message.

Are you okay? I was going to ask you after the game but you left.
                                                             -Nick

My heart swelled at his concern for me. I soften insanity and decided to be less of an asshole to him.

Yes I am, and thank you again for the comfort you gave me that night. It was sweet of you.  
                                                              -Scar

I shouldn't have put that last sentence but it was true. It was more than sweet of him to hold me as I cried.

You needed to be held, you were hurting and it made my heart ache to see you that way. I would do it again if needed. Goodnight Scarlett sweet dreams.
                                                              -Nick

I couldn't stop the smile that formed on my face from reading his message. It was the sweetest thing I've read in a long time. I sent back goodnight and sat my phone back down. I laid back down and stared at the ceiling mirror.

"I'm fucking screwed." I knew there was no stopping it now.
......................................................................................

A week went by and my dad still wasn't home. I've tried calling him, texting him, hell I even went hunting for him at night but to no avail. I was more than worried about him, I was afraid that something bad has happened to him. This is the longest he has been gone, without telling me anything or letting me know he's okay. But without any idea where he was going or doing I had no choice but to wait.

School went by as usual, I went to my classes, and had lunch with Jennifer and Trent. After they made it official last week he started having lunch with us instead of with his pack.

Nick and I had started a thing where we would tell eachother good morning and goodnight everyday. We rarely spoke at school but did acknowledge that we were there. I went to his practices everyday they had them and Jennifer would accompany me to them.

I rarely saw Leila around him either, which made me sorta happy.

I was starting to like Nick and there was no way I could stop it. Everytime I would get a message from him my heart would race. I knew I should stop but I just couldn't.

........................................................................

I was pacing the floors in my room when I heard a car coming down my road. Without thinking I took off down stairs and out the front door just as the person got out the car. I thought it was my dad finally coming home but I was wrong it was... Nick!

"Wow someone is excited to see me" he said chuckling and walking on the porch where I stood shocked and confused.

"How in the hell do you know where I live?" I questioned with narrow eyes.

"I saw you go down this road the other day and there's only one house down this street so it wasn't hard to guess" he stated simply.

Without another word to him I walked back into the house.

"Where you expecting someone?" he asked following me into the house. I didn't answer I just started back pacing. "Scarlett what's wrong?"

I couldn't take it anymore! Holding in the worry and anger I felt for the past few days has finally caught up with me. I snapped.

"HE'S BREAKING HIS FUCKING PROMISE!" I threw the first thing I could reach and that was the vase on the coffee table. Taking Nick by complete surprise.

I knew my eyes had turned red but I didn't care I was pissed. "I CAN'T LOOSE YOU TOO! COME BACK!! please." my rage quickly turned into tears as I spoke that last word. I fell to the floor rocking back and forth sobbing loudly.

I can't loose you, your the only family I have left...