Chapter Eleven

I walked in the house, but things were quiet. To quiet. I saw a note sitting on the living room coffee table, picked it up and read it. It was one word.

Basement.

I was on high alert when I opened the basement door and started my down the stairs.

The second I stepped foot on the ground I felt someone come up behind me. Before I could even blink I was pushed. Hard. My instincts come through and I went into my hybrid form catching myself before I hit the basement wall.

I growled loud and deadly. I looked at the person who pushed me, it was my father in his half Wolf, half human form. He smirked.

"Gotten slower I see"

"Ha in your dreams"

"Dreams come true you know"

I pounced on him, catching him off guard I used all the strength I had to push him against the wall.

"Gotten slower with age, old man"

He charged me, managing to cut my cheek with his claws before I could dodge it. I punched him in the face and clawed his side, cutting deep. I was swinging my leg to kick him but he caught it and swung me into the wall, making me loose my breath.

"Is that the best you got" he pretended to be bored. I grinned.

"Oh I'm just warming up"

We trained for hours. Blood stained our torn clothes and splattered the floors and walls. Sweat was dripping off us both. Both of our breathing ragged from adrenaline and exhaustion. After a few more minutes we called it quits.

"Here" my dad said handing me a towel and a bottle of blood. I haven't had human blood in almost a year. I can live off human food but blood heals me faster and makes me stronger. I gulped it down in 3 swallows.

"Thirsty much" he said chuckling and taking a swig of his water.

"Can you blame me? It's been almost a year"

"I'm surprised you haven't killed anyone in a blood hungry rampage"

What he said made me frown. I've killed people before... Innocent people. Before I learned how to control myself. The mere smell of blood would send me into a frenzy. My mom taught me how to control the thirst before she was killed.  She was a vampire and understand the strong urge to feed and how hard it is to control it.

"Mom taught me how to control it before she..." my voice trailed off as I was the sadness wash over my dads face.

"How is school going" he said trying to change the subject.

"It's going good, in fact, I was invited to a party tonight"

"A party?" raising an eyebrow at me.

"Yeah It starts tonight at 10" talking about it reminded me that I still had to tell Jennifer about it. And find something to wear.

"I don't know if I want you going. We've only been here a few days. What do you really know about these people?"

He had a point, "Dad it's just a dumb highschool party, and plus I'm gonna be with Jennifer. I'll be fine, you know I can protect myself"

"Alright but be home by 1"

"Alright I will. Thanks for the sparring Dad" I kissed him on the cheek and headed up stairs.

........................................................................

"But Jenn you have to go."

"No, no, no, I'm not going Scarlett!!"

"Come on, Trent more than likely will be there" I said cheekily

"All the more reason I shouldn't. I wasn't even invited!"

"Nick said you could come"

"Yeah only to get you to come" Jennifer and I have been going back and forth on the phone for almost half a hour.

"Jennifer, come on, you know you wanna see Trent"

"I mean yeah but that doesn't mean he wants to see me"

"Trust me he would love to see you. I see the way he looks at you when your not looking"

She was silent on the line for a while "Sure it doesn't have something to do with Nick?"

"He has a girlfriend okay. So are you in or out?"

She sighed and reluctantly said yes. I told her I would text her the address as soon as Nick send it to me. She said alright and we hung up the phone.

It was only 8 o'clock and I occupied myself in finding something to wear. I decided to wear dark blue jean shorts with black patterned leggings, a tight dark purple laced tank top and my black combat boots since I couldn't find any other shoes to match. My phone buzzed around 9 something.

783 Prisnton road NW 30026. I hope you can make it!
                                                           -Nick

My heart jumped at the sight of his name. Stop acting stupid. I told myself.

I text Jennifer the address and she said she would meet me there around 10:40 11 ish.

First highschool party here I come....