Chapter Eight

Mckenna pov

I pulled my motorcycle into the driveway around 4 o'clock with no sign of my dad being here.

I walked inside with my helmet in hand and shut the door. I flopped down on the couch and felt my phone vibrate in my back pocket.

"Hey wanna meet up at the coffee shop today, around 5 ish maybe?"

- Jenn

"Sure that would be great! What's the name of the coffee shop?"

- Scar

"Yay!! It's called Little Cafe. See you then! Wait you know how to get there? If not, we can meet up at the school."

-Jenn

"Yeah I know how to get there no worries. See you at 5 ish! "

- Scar

I knew how to get there because I past it on the way to the mall yesterday.

I was glad to have something to do since my dad wasn't here and I wasn't assigned any homework.

I left the house at 4:50 and made it to the shop at 5:17. There wasn't many cars in the parking lot as I parked. I walked into Little Cafe and my mouth instantly watered. The smell of freshly brewed coffee and cookies filled my noise. The cafe has a cozy feel to it. It has tan walls, orange and brown bean bag chairs and couches with a coffee table in the middle, on the right side of the cafe, and left was three high tables with tall chairs to sit on.

I looked around for Jennifer but she wasn't here yet so I ordered 2 pumpkin flavored lattes and a couple of chocolate chip cookies for us. I went over to the orange bean bag chair and sat down, it was comfy.

There were people sitting and talking in the cafe. Some were reading on the couch and others were sitting at the tables laughing with there friends.

I was waiting for about 20mins when I finally saw Jennifer walk through the door.

"Hey Scarlett!" Jennifer said she walked over to me and hugged me. It completely took me off guard and at first I didn't return the hug but after a few seconds I did.

"Hey Jennifer" I smiled.

"You got us lattes" she said while taking a sip. "Pumpkin!! My favorite" I chuckled and she took another sip.

We talked for a long time about almost everything. I found out that she lived here for 4 years moving here from Georgia because her mom's job transferred her here. She had 3 dogs named Buttercup, Cupcake, and Cookie. I laughed at the names and said they were delicious. She's in the 12th grade and will be graduating next year. She got accepted into Houston university and will be attending there September of next year majoring in accounting. She can play drums, she's said she's been playing since she was 6. But it was just a hobby.

"Do you have a boyfriend?" she blushed and said no.

"Aw but you blushed so there must be a guy. Who is he? I asked.

"He goes to our school, his name is Trent. But it doesn't matter it's not like he notices me" she said a little sadly.

"Why not? Your funny, smart, super pretty, and fun to be around. What guy wouldn't want you!?" she blushed and simply shrugged her shoulders and murmured a thank you.

It was almost 8 o'Clock when we finally decided to leave the cafe. We went outside to the parking lot to my motorcycle and her eyes widened when she saw it.

"Whoa this is yours?" she asked eyeballing my ride.

I giggled and said "Yeah I got it a year ago" I got on it and turned it on, it roared to life. I turned on the lights so the neon lights on the bottom came on and initials glowed.

"Sweet! What does MGM stand for?" she asked loudly over the sound of the motorcycle.

I acted like I didn't hear her and replied "Hey do you want to go to the mall and help me pick out a backpack?"

"Sure! I'll follow you there" she said back and I put my helmet on, waited for here to get in her car, made sure she was behind me, and we drove to the mall.

I should have gotten my initials covered.....