Chapter Sixteen

I was impressed by not only Nick but the whole team. Trent and a couple of other guys from his pack (who's names I didn't know) were on the team.

Nick was playing pitcher and doing a damn good job of it. He had a killer fast ball, a wicked curve ball, a deceitful change up, and a quick pick off move.

Trent played center field and he was amazing also. Even if they weren't werewolves I could tell that they would still be good at the game.

Practice was over and the coach called all the players into a huddle. From where I was standing (Which is at the fence because I moved from the bleachers) I could hear the coach talking to them about the Friday night game they have coming up.

I was barley listening because one I didn't have to and two I was to busy looking at Nick and how sexy he looked all sweaty and tired. Get a grip on yourself! I shook my head and walked away from the field.

I was on my motorcycle just about to turn it on and leave when Nick walked in front of me his arms crossed.

"So you were just going to leave without saying bye" he said looking annoyed, "Like last night"

I was confused why he was mad at me, "Why do you care?" I replied

"Because I thought..."

"You thought just because we kissed and I liked it that we had something going. If so, you thought wrong, it was just a kiss and nothing more." the second those words left my mouth I instantly regretted it. I saw sadness on his face but only for a second because it was replaced by anger.

He started to say something but clenched his jaw and walked away instead.

It's for the best anyway. I thought as I turned on my motorcycle and drove home.

......................................................................................

Nicklaus pov

"Whao I'm surprised you haven't put a hole in it yet" Trent said to me slightly chuckling.

I was in my home gym furiously punching away at the punching bag, trying to release some of my pint up angry I felt. I was lost in my own thoughts, that I didn't know Trent was here until he spoke. "How long have you been standing there?"

"Long enough to know you're pissed about something. Out with it"

"It's nothing, just a little nervous about the game Friday" trying to sound nonchalant.

"Bullshit! You haven't been nervous about playing a game since we were 8 years old and it was our first time playing. Even then you were more excited than nervous. You can't lie to me man, what's up. Is it about that new girl?"

Trent knew me better than I knew myself. We been friends since I was 6 and him 7. We grew up together. He was more my brother then my friend.

"There's nothing going on with us"

"Bull, I've seen the way you look at her Klaus. There is something between you two even if neither of you can see it"

"Well not anymore. What's up with you and Jennifer?" I asked changing the subject, and he let me. For now.

"Nothing" he said and I could see a blush creeping up his neck.

"Your full of shit man" I said shaking my head, "You almost killed Markus, tended to her needs, and drove her home just to make sure she got home safe. You wouldn't have done that for nothing"

"She was drunk and I didn't want her to get taken advantage of or end up killing someone in a car wreck. I would have done it for anyone" he averting has eyes from mines.

I laughed hard and long. Trent was frowning when I finally finished, "Trent your so whipped! You know as well as I do you wouldn't have done that for just anyone. You've had the hots for her since 9th grade man, why haven't you made a move?" I asked genuinely curious.

"I don't know, she never seemed to notice me really"

"That's a load of chicken shit! A blind man could see that she likes you. Man just talk to her"

"I don't know, what if she..."

"Dude shut the hell up. Tomorrow at school you're going to talk to you even if I have to make you" I said half serious half joking.

"Alright, alright I will, happy now" rolling his eyes.

"Very. Now come on let me take my frustration out on something that will hit back"

He smirked and took his hat and over shirt off, "Alright Alpha let's see if you still hit like a pussy"

This is about to be fun....