Chapter Fourteen

Mckenna pov

One second Nick and I were just dancing and the next thing I knew his lips were on mine, burning a fire brighter and hotter than ever before. I could still feel his lips on mine, as if he was still kissing me. My body was aching with need and I could smell my own arousal. Just find Jennifer, just find Jennifer, just find Jennifer. I chanted to myself over and over again.

I found Jennifer all right. Found her pressed up against the wall making out with some guy. Well at first look I thought she was kissing him back but then I realized, in her obviously drunken state, she was trying to get the guy off her.

My nostrils flared but before I could make a move, the guy was ripped off her and slammed against the floor. I ran over to wide eyed Jennifer. "Are you okay?" but she didn't answer me because she couldn't take her eyes off of what was going on behind me.

I turned around and what I saw didn't really surprise me. Trent was on top of the creep, beating the fuck out of him. It didn't surprise me because if he wasn't doing it, I would have been.

Trent was punching the guy so hard in the face that if it wasn't for him being a werewolf his head would have been a pancake by now. Blood was coming out of the guys mouth and nose and I'd bet my last dollar it was broken. He was trying to get Trent off but failed to do so.

"TRENT, TRENT!! STOP MAN WHAT ARE YOU DOING!" Nick yelled pulling Trent off the asshole.

"GET the fuck off me!!"

"Calm the hell down Trent. What's your problem?"

"I said back the fuck off me Nicklaus!"

Nick narrowed his eyes, growling loudly and forcefully. Trent instantly dropped his head backing a little bit back from Nick.

That's when I realized that Nick was the alpha wolf over his pack. Now that surprised me.

"I said calm down and tell me what's going on" Nick said to Trent his voice filled with authority.

"He was forcing his self on Jennifer and I lost control" he said, his voice filled with rage, but not at Nick, at the ass who was messing with Jennifer.

Nick eyes filled with anger as he looked at the other guy. "Is that true Markus" towering over Markus who dropped to his knees head hanging down.

"I'm sorry" he barely whispered

Nick grabbed him by his neck bringing him to his eye level, "You will get what you deserve later, but right now I want you out of my sight. Now" Nick said the last word on a growl pushing Markus towards the door. He got up and ran.

"Coward" I mumbled, after all the heat has dialed down I realized that very few people was watching what was going on. I guess this sort of thing happens often.

"Are you okay?" Trent asked Jennifer who was now blushing.

"I am now, thank you Trent. I guess my bad alcohol tolerance affects my ability to defend myself" she mumbled embarrasslying.

He frowned, "No he shouldn't have tried to take advantage of you like that. Nick is right he IS going to get what he really deserve. What I did was the least of it" he said darkly. "Come on let me get you some water."

Jennifer looked at me and I mouthed go to her and she walked away with Trent. Leaving me with Nick.

"I'm sorry you had to see that" Nick said closer to me then I expected.

"Eh it's fine I've seen worse" I honestly have. An image of my mom's beaten body flashed before my eyes making them water. "I should probably check on Jennifer" walking away a couple of steps when I felt his hand touch my shoulder causing my body to heat yet again.

"Jennifer is fine, Trent will take care of her, I can assure you that."

I sighed but nodded. I knew Trent wouldn't do anything to her, I just needed an excuse to get away from Nick.

"Look about earlier..." Nick started to say but I stopped him.

"Don't apologize, we were both caught up in the heat of the moment and neither one of us were thinking clearly, your fine"

"Nice to know, but I wasn't about to apologize. In fact I was just about to say you're an amazing kisser" he winked then walked off before I could say anything to him. Leaving me there with a oh expression on my face.

Shit, I'm gonna need a cold shower tonight.