Chapter Thirty-Six

McKenna pov

For the past two months everything was going great. I told Jennifer about when I heard our parents having sex. She was surprised at first then excitingly said "Oh My Gosh We Are Going To Be Sisters!" I laughed at her but didn't think it was a bad idea.

Her and Trent have been going strong and would be celebrating their 3 month anniversary soon.

School has been going the same as usual. Boring. Nick and his team won the all around championship. Finishing undefeated.

It's been two months Nick and I have been together. We've went on countless amount of dates and we've made love more times then I could counts. Each time we were together it got better and better. I was hopelessly in love with him and I was scared to death.

Every time I saw him I was so close to telling him how I felt but stopped short because I wanted to make sure he felt the same way.

Today is Thanksgiving and Jennifer, Ranae, Trent, and Nick is coming over for a thanksgiving dinner tonight.

I was mixing the ingredients for the dressing when my dad walked in.

"You've always liked mixing the dressing ever since you were little" my dad saying that made me smile. He was right I've always loved it. I remember my mom teaching me how to make it when I was a little girl and loved it every since.

"Yes I have" I chuckled. My dad laughed and opened the oven to get the Turkey out. The second the smell hit my noise, I got the strong urge to throw up. I ran to the garbage can and emptied the contents I had left in my stomach.

"Kenna!" my dad ran over to me, "Are you okay?"

I didn't know. For the past few weeks certain smells would make me feel sick, my body was overly sensitive to everything, and my breast has started to ache. I couldn't take a hot shower anymore because it burned. I've been having morning sickness... "No, no, no no no this can't be happening" that would explain everything. The sickness, being sensitive, morning sickness... I can't be pregnant.

"What can't be happening? McKenna, what's going on?" my dad asked me seriously.

I sat down on the floor shock and tears started to fall. "I think I'm pregnant" I couldn't dare look up at my dads face, I couldn't bare to see the disappointment.

"McKenna Grace Maxwell" I knew my dad was completely serious when he used my full name, "look at me. Now"

I slowly looked up at my dad and instead of disappointment, I saw softness. I grabbed his hand he had outstretched to me and I grabbed it. He gently pulled me into his arms for a hug.

"Is it Nick's?"

I looked up at my dad with a slight frown, "who else's would it be dad"

"I just had to make sure"

Then it hit me, "What if the guy who killed mom, some how find out about the baby and I, and he try kill us both!" my hand protectively went to my stomach. Even though I just come to realize what was happening I felt an instant sense of protectiveness come over me.

"Sit down"

I did as I was told and patiently waited for my dad to continue.

"Do you remember when I was gone for about a week?" I timidly nodded my head wondering where this was going, "I was gone because I found out who killed your mother"

My eyes widen with shock, then narrowed with anger, my eyes turning red. "YOU KNEW WHO IT WAS FOR 2 MONTHS AND DIDN'T THINK TO TELL ME!" I took a deep breath to calm down. I sat back down and stared coldly at my dad.

For years I've wanted to know who was the sick fuck who did that to my mom. It not only pissed me off that my dad has known for 2 months who it was but it also hurt that he would keep it from me for so long.

"Who was It dad?" I said barley above a whisper.

He took a deep breath looked me straight in the eyes and told me the one thing I least expected, "My brother"

You have a brother....