Chapter Seventeen

Nicklaus pov

"Whao I'm surprised you haven't put a hole in it yet" Trent said to me slightly chuckling.

I was in my home gym furiously punching away at the punching bag, trying to release some of my pint up angry I felt. I was lost in my own thoughts, that I didn't know Trent was here until he spoke. "How long have you been standing there?"

"Long enough to know you're peeved about something. Out with it"

"It's nothing, just a little nervous about the game Friday" trying to sound nonchalant.

"Bullshit! You haven't been nervous about playing a game since we were 8 years old and it was our first time playing. Even then you were more excited than nervous. You can't lie to me man, what's up. Is it about that new girl?"

Trent knew me better than I knew myself. Were been friends since I was 6 and him 7. We grew up together. He was more my brother then my friend.

"There's nothing going on with us"

"Bull, I've seen the way you look at her Klaus. There is something between you two even if neither of you can see it"

"Well not anymore. What's up with you and Jennifer?" I asked changing the subject, and he let me. For now.

"Nothing" he said and I could see a blush creeping up his neck.

"You're full of shit man" I said shaking my head, "You almost killed Markus, tended to her needs, and drove her home just to make sure she got home safe. You wouldn't have done that for nothing"

"She was drunk and I didn't want her to get taken advantage of or end up killing someone in a car reck. I would have done it for anyone" he averting has eyes from mines.

I laughed hard and long. Trent was frowning when I finally finished, "Trent your so whipped! You know as well as I do you wouldn't have done that for just anyone. You've had the hots for her since 9th grade man, why haven't you made a move?" I asked genuinely curious.

"I don't know, she never seemed to notice me really"

"That's a load of chicken shit! A blind man could see that she likes you. Man just talk to her"

"I don't know man, what if she..."

"Dude shut the hell up. Tomorrow at school you're going to talk to you even if I have to make you" I said half serious half joking.

"Alright, alright I will, happy now" rolling his eyes.

"Very. Now come on let me take my frustration out on something that will hit back"

He smirked and took his hat and over shirt off, "Alright Alpha let's see if you still hit like a pussy".

......................................................................................

The next day at lunch my pack and I were sitting at our table talking about a lot of things but nothing in particular. Then Scarlett walked in.

Our eyes met for a brief second before she looked away and continued walking to the lunch line with her friend Jennifer.

I was beyond pissed off about yesterday. You thought wrong. Please I thought wrong my ass! She knows damn well that there is something between us but she is being an ass about it.

"You better stop frowning or your face is gonna get stuck that way" Amy said to me chuckling.

"Oh shut up Ame's!"

"Make me bitch" laughing and sticking her tongue out at me.

"Don't make me snatch your tongue out your fucking mouth" laughing I threw my fork at her face, but she caught it before it hit her.

"You throw like a girl" she threw it back and I caught it between my middle finger and index finger.

"Same to you" everyone at the table was laughing and started talking again about random stuff.

"Alright Trent go get your girl" I said for Trent's ears only.

"Now?"

"Yes now. Don't be such a pussy" he playfully punched me in the shoulder but hard enough for me to want to rub that spot.

He got up and walked over to there table. Even from where I was sitting I could tell he was a nervous wreck.

Mckenna pov

Jennifer and I are sitting at our table eating our lunch and talking about her time in Georgia when Trent came over to our table.

"Hi Jennifer. Scarlett" I could tell he was really nervous almost shy like.

"Uhm hey Trent" Jennifer said her voice a little shaky with nerves. I just nodded and gave him a small wave.

"So I um was wondering if maybe you wanted to get a pizza or something with me later or tomorrow or whenever you're free really" I heard him swear under his breath (probably because he sounded like an idiot to his own ears) as I'm trying to hold back my laughter.

Jennifer was right he is cute with his long dirty blonde hair and deep voice. It's funny to see a guy like him stuttering his words.

Jennifer was so shocked that he asked her out that she sat dumbfounded for a while.

"So uh is that a yes or no?"

"Yes. Yes! I'd love to." she finally answered with a smile so bright that it lite up her whole face.

Trent smiled obviously looking relieved that she said yes, "Awesome, so pick you up at 7 maybe?"

"Yeah that would be great"

"Great so I'll see you at 7"

"See you at 7" she replied blushing and he walked away with a backwards glance at Jennifer.

"Go ahead and say it"

"I told you so" sticking my tongue out at her. She just dropped her head on the table.

"Oh My God! I can't believe I said yes! I can't believe he actually asked me out!!" quietly saying in her folded arms on the table. When she looked up again at me her face was pink and she had a huge smile on her face. "Please, please, please, come over my house today and help me find something to wear."

I couldn't say no to her. She was obviously a nervous wreck.

"Alright I will. What time do you want me to come over?"

"5ish"

"Alright"

"Thank you" she said meaning it.

"No problem"

I can only imagine what's it's like....