Chapter Twenty-Three

Nicklaus pov

When I came over I didn't expect any of this to happen: her rage, crying, us falling asleep together, kissing, me touching her bringing her to a sexy hot orgasm, and us falling asleep again.

I was asleep dreaming of doing more to Scarlett then just feeling her up, when I was all of a sudden yanked from the bed and slammed against the floor.

"WHAT THE F..." I couldn't even finish my sentence because I was punched in the face. Hard. I could taste the metallic taste of blood in my mouth.

I heard an animalistic growl, then the guy who was over me was snatched off and pushed into the wall in front of me.

Scarlett was in front of me in a protective stance. I have no idea what she is but she's powerful! I felt the power before but now she is dripping with it.

The man who punched me in the face was standing there in his half Wolf half human form. He was African American who was neither dark skin nor light skin.

If I wasn't caught off guard I would have whooped his ass.

"Dad" I heard Scarlett say softly almost in shock. I felt her power recede and she ran into his arms hugging him tight. "Your back!"

Now that he was back to normal I could see the similarities between the two. She has her dads lips, eyes and head shape. They looked just alike except for the nose and skin tone. She must be mixed.

"Where were you! You were gone for a little more than a week with no contact with me!!! Do you have any idea how utterly worried I was!" Scarlett yelled at her dad.

His eyes shifted to mines before looking back at his daughter. "I'm sorry so sweetie I had some business to take care of. My phone died and I had forgot the charger." softly saying, while rubbing her shoulders. "You need to calm down" he said more seriously.

"You want me to calm down! Dad I thought you were dead. Dead! I thought you broke your promise to me. I thought you were gone..." she said sadly. He didn't say anything, he pulled her into a tight hug. He kissed the top of her head and whispered something in her ear to low for me to hear.

She smiled up at him.

"Who is that?" he asked with narrow eyes, nodding his head towards me.

I stood up and extended my hand, "Nicklaus Long" I waited for him to shake my hand. When he did he gripped it hard but didn't let go. He yanked me closer to him looking me straight in the eyes, "Why were you in my daughters bed" he said lowly and possessively. My eyes widened and I didn't know what to say. We were the same height but he was still bigger than me. Not with fat, but muscle.

"Daddy would you let him go, last night he came over and we talked and ended up falling asleep." Scarlett said, rolling her eyes at her dad. He let go of my hand but didn't back away from me and neither did I.

"That's all that better have happened" him looking right at me. I gave him a short nod and he walked to the bedroom door. "Put some clothes on, we will be waiting for you down stairs" he put an emphasis on the word we.

Scarlett laughed "Okay I'll be down in a minute. And dad" he looked at her, "Don't kill him" she said half serious half joking.

"Yeah yeah, I won't" he walked out of the bedroom and I finally looked at Scarlett. She looked absolutely beautiful with her baggy shirt and short shorts. Her hair was messy from sleeping but she still looked adorable. Her eyes now are a light brown and they were gorgeous. She gave me a small smile then her dad yelled my name.

"You better go before he comes back and drag you out by your balls" I laughed, walked up to her and kissed her on the forehead and walked out without looking back.

Time to meet dad.....