Chapters Twenty-Eight

It was 2 o'Clock in the afternoon on Sunday when I text Jennifer and asked if she and her mom would like to come over for dinner.

Sure we'd love to come over for dinner tonight:)!!
- Jenn

Great see y'all tonight! At 7
-Scar

YAY!!! See y'all then!
-Jenn

I went and told my dada who was in the kitchen, that they said yes and would be coming tonight at 7.

"Want to help me cook?"

"I'd love to" I smiled brightly at my dad who was smiling back.

We started cooking around 5 and time quickly flew by, before we knew it it was already 7 o'Clock and Jennifer and her mom would be here any second now.

I could sense them coming down the street but didn't say anything to my dad.

Just when my dad put the finishing touches on the food the door bell rang.

"Go get the door, I have to change my clothes, they are a mess cause someone doesn't know how to stir properly"

"Yeah yeah yeah whatever dad" he laughed and quickly went on to his room to change.

I opened their door and was greeted by 3 smiling faces.

"Oh gosh I forgot to ask you was it okay for Trent to come" she frowned at herself but I only laughed.

"It's cool Jennifer, my dad cooked enough to feed and small army. Come in" I stepped aside to let them on, Trent was the first to speak when they entered,

"I like what y'all done to the place"

"You've been here before?" Jenn and I asked at the same time.

"When we first moved into this part of town we looked at this place but didn't buy it because my parents said it was to isolated from everyone else" we nodded at his response.

My dad walked out at that moment wearing, black jeans, a light brown shirt with the sleeves lulled up to the elbow, and black shoes. He stopped dead in his tracks when he saw Jennifer's mom. I looked at her and she looked pretty in her dark skinny jeans, multi colored patterned shirt, and blue short heels. I've never seen him look at another woman till now. When he finally snapped out of whatever trance he was in he walked up to Jennifer's mom and stuck out his hand.

"Hi, I'm John, you must be Jennifer's mom, Ranae is it?" She shook his hand back.

"Yes it is. Nice to meet you John, you have a beautiful home" I stared at the two who has obvious chemistry. They stood there looking at each other still holding hands. Jennifer and I snuck at glance at each other and grinned.

"Dad this is Jennifer and her boyfriend Trent."

He slowly turned from Ranae and spoke to Trent and Jennifer shaking both of their hands.

"Nice to meet the girl who my daughter has made friends with so quickly" everyone chuckled and we moved into the kitchen to have dinner.

.......................................................................

Dinner went by smoothly. Everyone enjoyed the food we cooked, which was spaghetti and meatballs with homemade garlic bread.

As we all talked and laughed, I couldn't get over how good it felt to feel as if we were all a family. And I couldn't help but notice that my dad kept looking at Ranae whenever he got a chance or thought she wasn't looking. I think my dad has a crush!

Speaking of a crush, it made me think of Nick. It would have been better if he was here. I all of a sudden thought. Great now i'm wishing he was around when he wasn't!

We were all sitting in the livingroom watching tv when I sensed a strong power coming. Since I was a hybrid I could since things faster then everyone else.

"Did any of you invite someone else here?" they all said no and I tensed up.

My dad sat up straight and looked me in the eyes, "What's wrong?" everyone was looking at us funny but we ignored it.

"Someone is coming."

"How do you know?" -Trent

"I can feel it" I said simply

No one said anything. But as the person got closer they started to sense it to.

We all waited for a while, a vehicle pulled into our driveway and I could hear the person get out the car.

The second he got out the car, my body responded to him by heating up and I knew actually who it was. Before he could knock I opened the door.

"Klaus?"

Speaking of the devil...