Chapter Twenty-Four

McKenna pov

I was sleeping peacefully when all of a sudden the warmth of Nick's body was gone. I heard a loud thud and Nick's voice raising. The sound of flesh meeting bone crunching flesh cause me to whip my head around and looked at what's going on. I saw a man clothed in black on top of Nick pulling his fist back to punch Nick again. Rage stirred up inside me before I could stop it, my hybrid form came to surface. I growled and yanked the guy off Nick throwing him against the wall. I stood protectively in front of Nick ready for the next attack.

When the man looked up at me all my rage flew from me replaced by utter joy. It was my dad.

Words couldn't describe how happy I was to see him.

........................................................................

I could still feel the burn off Nick's lips on my forehead when I finally made my way downstairs. I went in the kitchen to see the two at the table having a heated discussion. Nick posture was tense as where my dads was relaxed.

They stopped talking the minute I walked in. "Where have you been?" directed at my dad.

"I told you I had some business to take care of" he said standing up to get some coffee he must off made when he first got here.

"That's all your going to tell me! Well at least tell me it was worth it" my dad gave me a small smile obviously catching my meaning.

"Very" he kissed me on top of my head as he pasted me going back to the table.

I walked over to the table and sat down on the seat next to Nick. He looked at me and gave me a soft smile.

"So are you two together?" my dad asked starting me.

"No!"  I couldn't stop the blush that stained my face.

"Yes" Nick and I said at the same time I said no.

"No we are not Klaus" I glared at him.

He chuckled and said to my dad, "Sir I don't know if your daughter is with me but I know without a doubt I'm with her" his statement shocked me. I looked at him wide eyed but he just smiled.

My dad was looking between us both with narrow eyes, "I don't know what's going on between you two but listen to me and you listen well" directing the last part at Nick, "if you hurt her, you will be dealing with me. Is that clear?"

"Yes sir" he said firmly

"Good, now that that's clear. I'm going to go get some sleep" my dad said getting up from the table, "Scarlett walk with me for a minute." he didn't give me a chance to respond he just walked out the kitchen.

"I'll be back" I said and followed my dad out of the kitchen.

All my dad wanted to tell me was to be careful with Nick and that he is sorry for what he put me through this past week. Of course I forgave him we hugged for a long time and then he went in his room and shut his door. I smiled  and walked back into the kitchen.

Nick was sitting right where I left him. I sighed and went back to sit down but I sat across from him this time.

"What do you mean you're  with me?" my question must have shocked him because he just stared at me. "Well".

He cleared his throat, "Look I'm going to be completely honest with you. I like you. A lot." he leaned forward on the table towards me, "I know I'm not the best choice in the world but" he gently grabbed both of my hands and pulled them close to his lips. My heart started to beat hard and fast, I was sure he could hear it, "you would make me the happiest guy in the state of Texas if you give me a chance to show you how much I really like you."

I was beyond shocked at his declaration! I couldn't help the dance my heart was doing. I looked deep into his eyes and saw no trace of a lie. He is fucking serious!

He was looking at me with a small smile playing on his lips,  patiently waiting for my answer. I pulled my hands from his hands -mostly because his warm breath was starting to heat up other places- and looked away from his beautiful eyes.
What could it hurt to give him a chance. It could hurt a lot because he makes you feel things you never have before. Don't say okay, if you do everything will change. Say no!

"What about Leila?"

"What about her?" he frowned.

"Aren't y'all together?"

"I've told you once before that we wasn't"

"That's not what it looked like to me"

"Scarlett look. Leila an I had something before but now it's just her being jealous and having a hard time excepting that I'm done with her"

I looked into his eyes and saw he was telling the truth. "Okay"

"Okay?"

I smiled slightly, "Okay"

His smile lit up his whole face. He looked so HOT! It made me smile. "Great! Now, do you want to go ride my horse?"

I narrowed my eyes at his question, "Excuse me?"

He thew his head back and laughed at me, "I mean my actual horse, not the kind of horse you were thinking". Shaking his head at my terrible misunderstanding. He got up from the table and held out his hand to me. I timidly took it and he pulled me close enough to him so he could whisper in my ear, "Let's ride."

I'm really hoping he didn't mean the horse....