Chapter Forty

Mckenna Pov

"Mom?" I looked at my beautiful mother who was dressed in a simple white sun dress.

"Hello Sweetie" she said softly walking up to me to give me a hug. I returned the embrace.

We are standing in field of only beautiful different color flowers and sun light.

"What are you doing here mom?" I asked as our hugged finished.

She grabbed my hands and we sat down on the ground. "I'm so proud of you Kenna, you've grown up into a beautiful strong young lady" she touched my cheek, "I sorry I couldn't be there to see you grow up"

A tear ran down my face as I looked at my mother, "I forgive you. It's not like it's your fault."

We sat in silence for a little while just looking at each other. She picked a multi colored flower and put it behind my ear, "I'll always love you McKenna. Don't you ever forget that" she stood up and started walking away into a very bright light.

"Mom! WAIT! Please don't leave me again!" I cried out reaching for her. She stopped walking and turned around, but didn't walk back towards me.

"I'm never going to leave you. I'm always around, silently watching over you and protecting you. Now it's your turn to do the same for your little one, I love you sweetie, take care of your little one and your dadfor me" then she turned back around and walked into the light.

Tears were falling down my face as I watched her go. With a small smile on my face I said "I love you too mom"

I woke with a smile on my face from the dream I just had. That was new!

I checked my phone expecting my usual good morning text from Klaus but it showed I had no new messages. I frowned slightly. That's odd. Well it's only 8:06. I'll probably get it later. I thought as I got up to use the rest room.

........................................................................

By 4 o'Clock I was really worried about Nick because not only didn't he say good morning but he wasn't responding to my texts or phone calls.

I was pacing back and fourth when I felt someone coming. From the feel of then I knew it wasn't Nick so I went outside and stood on the porch waiting for them.

It was Jennifer and Trent. I smiled at them as they got out the car. "Hey guys" they didn't respond back just a small smile. From the way they were acting I knew something was wrong. "What's going on?" I asked as I lead them into the house.

We sat down in the living room in silence for a few minutes before Trent spoke, "He didn't tell you, did he?"

"Tell me what? Who?" I questioned.

"Nick is g..." he was cut short by the buzzing of my phone. I took it out my pocket and saw that it was a message from Nick. My heart rate picked up when I saw his name. As I began to read his message my heart shattered.

                                              Dear Scarlett,

I'm sorry I had to tell you this way but I couldn't bare to see the hurt in your eyes if I told you in person.  My dad is starting a new company in Europe and the construction starts today. He wants to be there for the entire process, and because my mother is his P.A. she is going also, I had no choice but to go with them. I pleaded to them to let me stay but I lost that battle. I won't blame you if you hate me for this but just know that I still love you. You will always and forever be my first love Scarlett Marie Morgan and I hope that one day you can forgive me. I'll find my way back to you one day. I promise.
                           Forever and Always,
                Love,
Nicklaus.

My heart was broken. Tears fell down my face as I read the last sentence. He's gone! He fucking left me without saying goodbye in person!!

My sadness quickly turned to rage as my eyes turned scorching red. I stood up and threw the phone as hard as I could at the wall. It shattered into millions of pieces just like my heart did. My dad come running into the room when he heard the crash.

"What the fuck is going on!" he looked at me and saw that I was on the edge of transforming into my hybrid from, "Call down sweetie, what's wrong" he said slowly walking towards me.

Jennifer and Trent are on their feet standing a good distance from with a look of fear in thier eyes.

I was shaking from anger and trying not to cry. "He's gone! He left! He left me..." I said the last words on a sob as I fell into my dads arms no longer being able to control myself.

He left us...