Chapter Twelve

Nicklaus pov

It was past 11 o'clock, and the party was in full swing. Almost half the school here. Where is Scarlett?

"Dude you've been staring at the door for almost an hour.Who are you looking for?" Trent asked not having to yell because he knew I could hear him just fine.

"No one"

"You can't lie to me man, I know you. Leila?"

"Fuck no" just the sound of her name annoyed me.

"Speaking of the devil" he said nodding his head towards the door. Leila and her friends walked in and as always she dressed to impress. She wore a really short red dress that stop at top thigh with red heals to match. I wasn't impressed, sure she looked hot but it wasn't a turn on. By some miracle I was hoping she wouldn't show up, even though I knew there was a slim chance she wouldn't.

"Shit I was hoping..."

"Hey Nick" Leila purred trying to sound seductive. It didn't work.

"Hi Leila" she tried to kiss me but I played it off to saying something to Trent.

"I'm gonna go make sure we still have enough beer"

He nodded understanding my meaning. I walked away into the kitchen, there was people all over the place. Dancing, talking, making out. I got to the beer keg and saw that it was still half way full. I got me a cup and got some for Trent.

I was beginning to think that she wasn't coming, maybe I should text her, she probably got lost, no I couldn't do that I'd look desperate. The front door opened and I thought it was just more people coming in from outside but then I saw her. She was with her friend.

I almost choked on my drink when I saw her and how beautiful she looked. She wore her thick hair naturally curly, down this time, it caressing her breasts, she was wearing a purple tank top that look to have lace on it. I couldn't see what she was wearing on the bottom because to many people were in the way.

I was walking towards her before I could stop myself. I was almost there then Leila walked in front of me wrapping her arms around me and pressing her body up against mines.

"Hey baby, want to blow this party and have our selves a little private party. I'm not wearing any panties" she whispered in my ear softly.

I untangled her arms from my neck and gently pushed her off me.

"No" and walked away from her. I knew she would be fuming by now because it's the second time I blew her off tonight. But I had to find Scarlett.
Mckenna pov

Jenn and I walked in and I took in the scene before me. There was loud music playing (usher: Scream), people were dancing, (more like grinding on eachother), talking, laughing, and drinking beer.

We were pushing our way through the crowd when I saw Nick. He was wearing tight fitted jeans, a white T-shirt that hugged his torso, black cowboy boots and a black cowboy hat. He looked HOT! I was going to say hey but then his girlfriend walked up and pressed herself against him. I frowned, growling.

"Yeah it had nothing to do with Nick" obviously hearing me growl.

"Hey there's Trent" I nudged her shoulder in his direction. She blushed.

"Let's get a drink" she said loudly. We went to the kitchen and she got a beer. "Do you want one?" I shook my head no.

From here I could see the whole "dance floor". As if one reflex I searched for Nick. But couldn't find him. Probably went upstairs with his tight red dress wearing girlfriend. I thought bitterly.

"Want to dance?" I jumped when he whispered in my ear. His Texas accent affecting me in ways I didn't understand.

"Where's your girlfriend"

"Who Leila? She is NOT my girlfriend. Sure we had a thing once before but now she's just an annoying clingy brat."

I don't know why but him saying that made me smile.

"Eyyy I finally made you smile!" he said half joking half serious.

"Yeah yeah whatever" but I couldn't keep the stupid grin off my face.

He held out his hand, "May I have this dance?" I hesitated for a while that it made his smile weaver. "Please."

I couldn't say no when he that soft word. I took his hand and he lead me to the dance floor.

I'm going to regret this later.....