Chapter Thirteen

Nicklaus pov

My smile started to fade before she finally took my hand. Her hands were ruffer than I expected.

I walked her to the middle of the dance floor and gently pulled her into my arms. She was very tense but still put her arms around my neck and I rested my hands on her waist. Until this moment I haven't realized how short she was.

"Are we really about to slow dance to a fast song" she asked me over the music.

I was about to respond but the song , by pure luck, changed into a slow song.

I smiled raising an eyebrow at her, "what was that you were saying."

"Nothing now", we started swaying to the tune of the song. After a little while she started to relax in my arms and looked up at me. "How old are you?"

"17, you?"

"16"

We didn't speak for a little while, not knowing what to say. Then finally I asked,

"So Scarlett Morgan what brings you to Texas?"

She frowned but didn't answer me right away. I was beginning to think she wouldn't.

"My dads work was... Transferred out here" I nodded then we continued dancing. When the song was over she tried to pull away but I held her fast.

"One more dance"

"Okay"

"You're really short, how tall are you"

She rolled her eyes at me "5'3"

I held back a laugh because I'm a whole foot taller than her.

The song playing now was I wanna be by Chris Brown.

"So cowboy do you play sports?" she asked me out of the blue.

"Yes ma'am, starter pitcher or sometimes shortstop for Patterson's high varsity baseball team. Maybe you could come watch me practice sometime" I whispered the last part softly into her ear. I felt her shutter. I pulled back far enough so I could look into her eyes.

"Maybe" she said softly

She is so beautiful. I couldn't stop looking at her lips. I wanted to kiss her so bad. She licked her lips and I could no longer resist.

I touched my lips gently to hers. Her lips were so soft and warm against mines. My hands tightened on her waist when I felt her respond by kissing me back, her lips parting. I deepened the kiss my tongue tangling with hers. I heard her let out a low moan, setting my body on fire. I needed her closer. I pulled her body tightly against mine, knowing that she would feel my hardness.

"You see what you do to me" I whispered breathlessly into her ear. As if reality snapped back into her, she yanked herself away from me.

"Uhm uh I need to find Jennifer" saying it as breathless as I was.

I missed her small body and soft lips the second she was gone away from me.

I've never been this breathless before....