Chapter Twenty-Nine

Nicklaus pov

Why the hell am I going over there! I was thinking as I drove to Scarlett house. I pulled up in her drive way and noticed another car in her driveway. From the looks of it, it was Trents car. Why would he come over here and not tell me? I got mad with jealousy even though I know he has a girlfriend.

I walked up on the porch and before I could knock the door opened. Scarlett stood there looking beautiful as ever, her eyes a light chocolate brown.

"Klaus?" she questioned, probably trying to figure out why I'm there.

I leaned down and kissed her on the lips. She was taken by complete surprise by my action but she did kiss me back. It wasn't a long kiss because she pulled away and because there was people watching us.

"Hey sweetheart" I murmured when she pulled away. Someone cleared their throat and I saw that is was her dad with an small smile on his face.

"Nicklaus what are you doing here?" her dad asked me.

"Hello Mr. Morgan, I decided to surprise Scarlett by coming over, I hope I didn't intrude" I said while stepping into the house. Scarlett moved so I could walk in and I wrapped my arm around her shoulders causing her to tense. She must not be use to PDA.

Trent and Jennifer are cuddled up together on the short couch, John and Jennifer's mom I'm guessing-because she looked just like Jennifer- are sitting on the long sofa close together but not so close like Trent and Jennifer.

I sent Trent a small glare for not telling me he was coming over here and he just looked away.

"No no, your fine" John said relaxing back on the couch throwing his arm over the back of the couch behind Jennifer's mom.

"Nick, this is my mom Ranae, mom this is Nick, Trent's best friend or "brother" " -Jennifer

I walked over to Ranae releasing Scarlett, and shook her hand gently yet firmly. John slightly frowned at me letting me know she's his. I gave a slight nod letting him know I got the message. I don't want her anyway. I thought and went to sit down on the love seat.

"Scarlett you want to sit with me?" she looked at me and then her dad, he shrugged and she sighed and came over to me and sat down in front of me. I pulled her closer to my chest, wrapping my arms around her. She was tense for a long time but at conversations started to pick up making her laugh with some of the stories being told, she started to relax and soon leaned back into me.

"I'm going to go clean the kitchen" John said getting up from the couch.

"I'll help you" Ranae said getting up as well.

"Your a guest just relax I got it" -John

"I insist, I helped mess them up didn't I" she walked past him into the kitchen. I heard him chuckle as he followed her.

"Are you two together?" -Jennifer

"No"

"Yes" Scar and I said together.

Jennifer looked confused, "Which is it, yes or no?" she looked at Scarlett and waited for her answer. So did I.

Scarlett looked up at me, staring deep into my eyes and simply said "Yeah"

My heart leaped and danced at her answer. Not caring who was looking, I kissed her slowly and deeply. She responded back to me by opening her mouth. I kissed her for a little while longer than pulled away and looked into her eyes. She gave me a small smile then looked back at our friends. They were grinning at us and Trent sent me a wink.

Gosh this feels so right....