Chapter Twenty-Six

Mckenna pov

Nick walked over to a wall lined with saddles and other horse stuff and grabbed two saddles. He went to his horse first and put the saddle on, then he walked over to the one I would be riding and put the saddle on making sure it was on right.

The whole while I was thinking about how he made me feel and that I was starting to like him. A lot.

"Have you ever ridden a horse before?" he asked me, bringing both of the horses with him.

"A few times" he handed me the leash to the horse and walked out into the field.

"Here, need some help?" he came and was about to lift me up but I stopped him.

"No I got it" I easily lifted myself onto the saddle and got comfortable.

He smirked, "Well okay" he walked over to his own horse and was about to get on it but paused.

"What is it?"

"Hold on I need to go get something" he jogged off back to the barn before I could say anything. He came back with a brown cowboy hat in hand.

"Your gonna need this." he handed me the hat and I took it without a word. I put it on and he smiled at me. "Beautiful".

My heart started to pound when he said that. For the love of  gosh! You've been called beautiful before, what makes him saying it so special? I went on and on in my head as I watched him walk over to his horse and get on it like an expert.

He looked absolutely sexy in his tight blue jeans, fitted white T-shirt, cowboy boots, and his signature black cowboy hat. My body started to heat as I continued to look at him.

"Scarlett!!"

I hadn't realized he was taking to me until he yelled my name, "Huh, what?"

"I said follow me" he grinned, "If you can keep up" before I knew it he kicked the horses side, and took off down the field.

Don't worry I can keep up. I thought before I took off right behind.

     ....................................................................

                                            Nicklaus pov

I so badly wanted to pull Scarlett off the horse, lay her on the ground, and kiss her till she couldn't breathe. But, I didn't.

We've been riding horses for almost an hour and a half when I told her we should give the horses some rest and water.

We slowly made our way back to the barn and I couldn't help but admire Scarlett. She looked like a natural on the horse. Not to mention that she looked beautiful with her wind tossed hair, plain black T-shirt that hugged her body, dark skinny jeans and boots. I love the way she looked wearing my cowboy hat too.

As I looked at her profile I realized that I have fallen in love with her. Holy fucking shit! I'm in love with Scarlett!!

My heart started to pound with realization. She looked at me and smiled and I thought yep I'm screwed.

"That was fun" she said to me once we got in the barn and off the horses. I was just finishing putting them in there stalls when she spoke.

I went over to stand in front of her "Are your legs sore?"

"No"

"Good" I moved closer to her, never taking my eyes off hers. I gently backed her up into the wall and put my hands behind her trapping her. She looked nervous and I saw that her breath has quickened and I heard her heartbeat pick up.

Neither one of said anything, just continued to look at eachother. When she licked her lips, then looked at mines I slowly dipped my down closer to her lips.

Right before my lips were to touch hers I said, "I'm glad you enjoyed the ride" I looked into her eyes again and saw that they are almost black with desire.

Without a second thought I pressed my lips to hers.  Her lips are so soft on mine. When she opened her mouth allowing me to explore her, I moaned with pleasure.

Her hands snaked around my neck and I pulled her body closer. I gently bit her lip and she moaned softly. I pulled back far enough to look into her passion filled eyes, "We should probably go" I said breathlessly. She nodded and I grabbed her hand and we walked out of the barn towards the house.

I'm in love with you...