Chapter Ten

Mckenna pov

I don't think I learned anything in my first three classes. My mind kept drifting back to the short conversation I had with Nick. I would have been nicer to him if that girl hadn't been dripping with jealousy. A guy that hot and you didn't think he had a girlfriend. I scolded to myself.

I pushed him from my head when I saw Jennifer waiting for me at the cafeteria door.

"Hey Scar want some lunch?" Jennifer said to me as we walked into the cafeteria. I smiled and nodded my head.

We got in line to get today's special, which was tatter tots.

"So is Trent here?" I asked Jennifer who instantly blushed.

"Yeah he's sitting at middle table. He's the dirty blonde head with long hair" she said softly looking at him and he must have felt eyes on him because he looked at her and gave her a small smile. She turned bright red and looked away.

"And you said he didn't notice you" I said bumping her with my shoulder.

I was still looking over at there table when Nick looked up at me and gave me a sexy grin. Then the girl who was shooting daggers at me earlier today walk over and kissed him on his cheek close to his mouth and I frowned and looked away.

"Why the frown" Jennifer asked, looking the way I was.

"No reason", I shrugged and we got our food and went to our table.

We sat down and didn't say anything for a while then I asked, "Why don't you just go talk to him?"

"Because he wouldn't want a girl like me. Plus I wouldn't know what to say" she replied blushing. "Why don't you go talk to Nick" she said at matter of factly.

"What? I don't even know him let alone like him" I said weakly

"Please don't give me that bull. I have eyes I can see the way you look at him and don't think I don't see the way he looks at you"

"It's nothing now drop it" I said a little too harsh and instantly regretted it. "Plus he has a girlfriend anyway"

"Please anyone can tell that's not gonna last. Can you say mega bitch" we both laughed and finished our lunch.

When school was over and I met up with Jennifer in the front of the school.

"Hey do you wanna hang out later today?" Jennifer asked

"Sorry I can't today I have training with my dad" my dad text me a little while ago and said he would make up for not being around with some one on one sparing.

"That's what I been meaning to ask you! What are you Vamp or wolf? For some reason I can't tell with you." she said with a confused look on her face.

I didn't want to lie to her but I couldn't tell her the truth.

I flashed my k9 teeth, my eyes turning bright hazel, and let out a low growl and said "Wolf". She laughed then said,

"That's hot" and did a low throatly growl to emphasize.

I winked back and waved bye. I turned around to walk to my bike and ran straight into Nick.

"This is the second time this has happened"

"Well maybe if you watch where your going"

I was about to say something smart mouth but just mumbled a whatever and started to walk off.

"Wait a sec" he said grabbing my arm. "There's a party at my house tonight you should come. Starts at 10" he said hopefully

I was going to say no but there was something in his eyes that made me change my mind.

"Okay. But only if I can bring my friend Jennifer."

"That's fine and here give me your number so I can text you the address" he said with a beautiful smile on his face. He handed me his phone and I reluctantly put my number in. "Awesome text you later with the details" he said then walked off.

What did I just agree to.....