Chapter Thirty-One

I woke up the next morning panting from the dream I had. Fuck not again!! I thought as I walked to my bathroom on shaky legs. My face looked haunted as I stared in the mirror. I just finished slashing cold water on my face when I heard my phone buzz.

I walked to my night stand and saw that I had a message from Nick.

Good morning sweetheart. On my way to pick you up for school ;)
-Klaus

My heart leaped as my mood slightly changed to a better one. I didn't tell him not to come because after the dream I had I needed something to cheer me up.

I got dressed in knee length shorts and a loose fitting t-shirt. I put my hair in a ponytail and headed down stairs to eat breakfast that I smelled cooking.

"Good morning " my dad said as I went to sit down at the table. "What's wrong?" he put down the spatula he was using to flip pancakes and come to sit in front of me.

"Bad dream" my dad face softened. He stood up and pulled me to my feet for a tight hug.

"I'm sorry. I wish there was something I could do about them" he said softly to me.

"I'll be fine dad" after the hug ended he looked me in the eyes for a second then kisses me on top of my head. He went back to the stove to flip the pancakes. "I see you liked Ranae"

I saw that my dad was trying to suppress a grin from his face. "She was nice"

"Dad you know I wouldn't mind if you started dating again, you deserve some happiness" he didn't say anything until he finished cooking. He came back to the table sat down and looked at me seriously.

"You wouldn't?"

"Dad, it's been almost 6 years. Mom wouldn't want you living your life alone, she would have wanted you to move on" I told him softly, his eyes went sad as he thought about what I said.

He let out a breath, "Your right" he smiled at me, "I guess it's time I got back in the game"

I was about to respond but I felt Nick coming, "Oh yeah dad?" he looked at me, "Nick is coming to pick me up so we can ride to school together"

He frowned slightly, "How serious is it between you two?"

I thought about it for a minute, how serious are we? "I don't know" I answered honestly.

He was about to say something else but he sensed Nick coming. "What is he?"

"He's a werewolf, an alpha werewolf" surprise lite up in my dads eyes.

"Explains why I can sense so much power coming from him"

"Yeah"

I heard Nick get out of his truck and at that moment my heart started to dance. When I opened the door Nick was leaning on the door frame grinning, "You never give me a chance to knock" he chuckled and before I could respond he lips touched mines in a slow kiss. My body responded to him wanting to get closer. His hand cupped my face as he pulled away, "Hey sweetheart"

"Hey Klaus" I said breathlessly. I stepped back from him to let him in, he closed the door behind him.

"Good morning Mr. Morgan" he called out to my dad, my dad said morning back. "Ready to go?" he said to me.

"I need to eat first" I walked into the kitchen, "Hungry?"

"No I ate already"

He followed me into the kitchen and patiently waited for me to finish eating. When I finished we said bye to my dad and left for school.

Just the distraction I needed....