Chapter Twenty-Seven

Mckenna pov

It was a little past midnight when Nick finally brought me home.

After horseback riding Nick took me to get something to eat, then we went back to his place and laid down in the field looking at the stars.

When he brought me home he gave me a scorching kiss goodnight and then left.

I think you're falling for him! No that's impossible... How could I... I can't be... Am I???

I walked in the house and realized I still had his hat on so I took it off and laid it on the arm of the sofa.

"Dad!?"

"In my room" I heard him say. I walked down the hallway and walked in my dads room. It was dark but because of my night vision ability I could still see everything clearly. He was laying down on his bed with his feet touching the ground, staring at the ceiling.

"Is everything okay?" I asked him timidity.

"It is now. Where have you been?"

"I was out with Nick, we went horseback riding, got something to eat then chilled at his place" I went over and laid down on the bed next to my dad.

"He's smitten with you, you know"

My heart leaped at his statement but I tried not to let it show, "What makes you think that?"

"It's the way he looks at you when your not looking." he paused for a second and sighed, "I know because I used to look at your mother that way." my heart ached when he mentioned my mom. I looked over at my dad to see a soft/sad expression on his face. "Gosh I miss her"

This is the most my dad has ever spoke of my mom since she died. He sat up and put his elbows on his knees, folding his hands together.

"I miss her too"

It was silent between us two for a long time. "You know the last thing your mother said to me was tell me you love me, I said when I get back I'll show you how much I love you" he pauses, "Who would have thought huh"

My heart broke for my dad. Sometimes I forget just how much he loved my mom. She was his forbidden love. Werewolfs and vampires are forbidden to be together and if they were caught they will be executed immediately. My mom and dad loved each other so much that they took that chance.

When she was alive I always saw them together, hugging, kissing, wrapped in each other's arms. When I was little I found its nasty but now I realize it was just plain and simple love.

"I'm sorry dad, its my fault mom was killed, if I hadn't..."

"NO!" his harsh tone made me stop talking. He was looking back at me with hard eyes, "Don't you dare blame yourself for what happened to your mother, you were a child, you couldn't have known."

After a while of silence my dad spoke again changing the subject, "Why don't you invite your friend and her mom over for dinner tomorrow. It's about time I met them."

I smiled "okay sure" I got up to leave but stop at the door "Dad?" he looked up at me, "it's not your fault either, you know" I looked at him straight in the eyes and I saw raw emotions there, "Don't beat yourself up, mom would be disappointed" I went over and kissed my dad on the cheek, "Goodnight dad, I love you. I'll tell you what they say once I know okay." he said I love you too then I walked out of his room and up to mines.

I flapped down on my bed and sighed, "I love you mom" was my last thought before I fell asleep.

If only I could see you again...