Chapter Thirty-Nine

It was a little past one when Nick finally brought me home.

After we made love over and over again we laid together just listening to the rush of the water. I couldn't help but feel complete when I was with him. Everything felt complete.

He kissed me goodnight, told me he'll see me tomorrow and waited till I was safely instead before he left.

I was taking my shoes off when my dad walked into the living room.

"How'd he take it?" my heart sank as I had to tell my dad I didn't tell him. Before I could even tell him I didn't tell him yet my dad must have sense how i was feeling be sighed knowing I didn't tell him, "Get some sleep Kenna" he started to walk out but I called him back.

"Dad since everything is over... Can we tell everyone the truth?"

"We can tell them about our real names and history but we can NOT tell them about you. Being a hybrid in all." I started to abject but my dad cut me short, "No McKenna! There is no telling how they will react. Then what if it gets out and someone found out? You will be executed and so will the baby. I will not have that. Is that understood?" he said seriously.

"Yes I understand" I said barley above a whisper. He gave me a hig and kissed me on top of my head and told me he loves me. Before he could walk away I told him about what happened tonight, excluding us have sex.

"He proposed?"

Instead of answering him I showed him the ring Nick gave and my dad smiled really big.

"A wolf huh" he said chuckling, "I can't believe my baby girl is engaged" we hugged again then we both went to bed.

I was laying down with the biggest and stupidest grin on my face.

I love you Nicklaus, at least I'll be able to tell you some truth now. Was my last thought before I drifted to sleep.

.....................................................................................

                                            Nicklaus pov

"WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU MEAN WE ARE LEAVING FOR EUROPE!" I yelled at my parents.

After the most amazing night with Scarlett, I come home to my parents telling me that we are leaving TONIGHT for Europe, because my father is starting a new business over there needs to be there for the process of it being built and ran.

"Your father's plans for the new company was approved today and they want to get started on construction right away" my mother said using her calm tone she uses when she trying to get a client to see things her way. "They are going to break ground tomorrow and your father wants to be there to see things over."

"Then why in the hell do I have to go! What about school? All my friends are here! Scarlett is here!!"

My mother's face twisted into one of distaste. "Listen to me Nicklaus Wayne Long, you will have plenty of time to meet other girls in Europe. We are leaving in a hour and you are going with us that's final!"

"Dad, come on why can't I just stay here. I can stay with Trent his folks won't mind" I was begging at this point.

"No son, you are coming with us. I've taught you how to run a company. When this one is up and running, you, will be CEO of the company."

My mind was turning. I'm leaving. My heart started to break and the realization of what I have to do dawned on me. How will I tell Scarlett... I glared at my parents one final time before I stomped off up stairs into my room, slammed the door and called Trent. I can't believe this is happening! I thought as a lone tear ran down my cheek. I didn't know how I was going to tell her I was leaving after everything I just told her. With complete disparity I grabbed my duffel bag and began to pack.

What am I going to say....