Chapter Eighteen

"Dad!" I yelled across the house to see was he home.

"Upstairs!"

After school was over I went to the baseball field to watch them practice again. Nick didn't acknowledge that I was there, probably because he was upset about what I said yesterday. But he sure as hell acknowledged that Lelia was there!

The whole practice I had to listen to there flirty banter and her feeling him up whenever she got the chance. It pissed me off to a point where I wanted to rip her arms from her body. I didn't even care that my eyes turned red.

Why are you so jealous you said it yourself it was nothing. I was thinking to myself as I walked upstairs into my room.

"Why are you in my room?" I asked once I got in my room and saw my dad standing in the middle of room.

"Nothing just wanted to see what you did to it. How was school?"

"Fine, I got a ton of homework to do though"

"Poor you" he laughed, "Anything ever happen at school?" he asked seriously.

"No, nothing out of the ordinary"

"Alright good, I'm going to let you get to your homework"

He was about to walk out then I remembered, "Oh yeah dad, I'm going to Jennifer's house later to help her get ready for her date tonight"

"Date?"

"Yep, the guy she's been crushing on finally asked her out. She asked me to help her find something to wear" I said waiting for his response.

"Alright that's fine but be careful and one of these days invite her over for dinner so I can meet this girl who has you picking out clothes" he laughed and walked out, "Oh and you can invite her mother too."

I didn't reply to him but made a mental note to ask them.

.......................................................................

I arrived at Jennifer house at 5:36pm after she sent me the directions to her house. She lived in a pretty nice neighborhood. It wasn't fancy like Nick's neighborhood though. Every yard didn't have freshly cut grass, clean yards, or sidewalks. No it was more of a homey feelings neighborhood, the yards looked played in, there was bikes, and other kid toys in some yards.

I walked up to Jennifer's front door and rang the doorbell.

"I'm coming" I heard a females voice say, her mom I'm guessing. She opened the door and I was struck on how pretty her mom was. She looked to be no older then 30, her hair is brown shoulder length and as thick and glossy as Jennifer's, she didn't have full lips her bottom lip was fuller then top one. She was taller than me -but then again who wasn't- she had a slightly full figure not to hippy but not skinny either, and her eyes were a chocolate brown.

"Hello, you must be Scarlett. I'm Ranae, Jennifer's mom, nice to meet you" she said sticking her hand out for me to shake it . I shook it and mumbled a hey, "Come in, Jennifer is in her room."

Their house was nice and felt homely. It was a one level house, it looked smaller on the outside then it really was on the inside. The living room is painted brown on one wall and tan on the others. The furniture was orange with red and tan pillows and rug.

"Nice home"

"Thank you" she smiled "Jennifer room is the last door on your right if you go down that hall way. You can go on back there, she's waiting for"

"Okay thank you" I went where she said and knocked twice on her door then walked in. Her room was a mess! There was clothes and shoes all over the room.

"I have nothing to wear!!! Help me!"

She dragged me into her room and closed the door.

The next hour and half or so was spent her trying on outfit after outfit and fixing her hair.

"Okay how's this one?" she asked me coming out the bathroom with outfit number 1000 on!

"That is my favorite. You look amazing in it!" she honestly do. She is wearing dark skinny jeans with a light pink v-neck shirt, purple camisole, and black ankle boots. She had her long hair hanging with small curls.

"Ugh are you sure, I should prob..." she didn't get a chance to finish her sentence because the door bell rung. "Oh my gosh, he's here!"

"I'm pretty sure he heard you" I said while laughing. She blushed and covered her mouth with her hand, her eyes wide with embarrassment.

"Honey, Trent is here" her mom called out softly.

"We're coming" I said back to her since Jenn was to nervous to say anything.

"Stop being so nervous you'll be fine, come on" I grabbed her hand and pulled her out the room to a patiently waiting Trent.

Trent was speechless when he saw her. He couldn't stop smiling and walked up to her to give her a sweet short kiss on her lips. Caught off guard Jennifer just looked at her mom wide eyed. "Ready to go"

She looked at me and I gave her a smile and thumbs up and mouth the word go.

This girl is a nervous wreck....