Chapter Three

"MOM! " I screamed while running down the hallway of my old house towards my parents room.

"MOM, I'M COMING!" my lungs were burning, I couldn't see clearly because my eyes were blurry with tears. No matter how hard or fast I ran I couldn't get to her

I stopped running, fell to my hands and knees and screamed at the top of my lungs. I screamed and sobbed until I was horse and couldn't speak anymore.

"Promise me you will be strong" my mother told me while taking her last breath.

"I promise"

I woke covered in cold sweat and tears running down my face.

For the past 5 years I've had that same dream. Most nights I don't dream but on the nights I do, it's always that same dream.

I got out of bed, my whole body still shaking from the realism of the dream and went in the bathroom.

I turned on the faucet and splashing cold water on my face to try and calm down. I looked up to the mirror and saw the same thing I always see.

A haunted look on my face and my eyes glowing gold hazel. I turned away from the mirror and headed down stairs to get a glass of water.

My father was in the kitchen when I walked in. It was almost 8 in the morning.

"Bad dream" my father asked. All I did was nod my head but didn't say anything. My dad knew I been having those dreams but didn't talk about it.

........................................................................

"Damn, I need some clothes" I said on a sigh. My closet was pretty much empty except for the 5 pairs of jeans and 4 shirts I had hanging in the closet. I put on my favorite dark wash jeans and dark purple T-shirt.

"Looks like I'm going shopping" I said with fake excitement.

"Shopping, who's going shopping?" My dad asked from my bedroom door.

"Me because I have no clothes" I murmured.

"Here" my father said reaching into his pocket getting his wallet and pulling out 8 one hundred dollar bills. "Have fun" he said with a chuckle, knowing I hate shopping.

........................................................................

I couldn't decide which store I wanted to go in so I settled on going to the mall instead.

Shopping was one of the things I hated most. But I had no choice.

I walked into the mall and instantly my senses went on high alert. There was werewolves and vampires everywhere, from the employees to the people walking the store. I knew my eyes turned purple. Whenever there are werewolves and vamps around they would turn a piercing shade of purple.

I had to get myself under control because I could feel the beast within trying to break free.

I closed my eyes and took a very deep breath. I opened my eyes when I knew they were back to normal.

People openly stared at me because I was new here and no one has ever seen me before.

I ignored it and kept walking until I saw a clothing store Forever 21 and went inside. The store was filled with all kinds of clothes and accessories. I picked almost one of everything (besides the accessories) in my sized and took it to the counter not caring about the price. The guy- no older then 20- looked at me funny then at all the clothes I was buying and shook his head murmuring "ugh girls", I was about to say something back to him but thought better of it. No need to cause a scene right.

I was tapping my foot in annoyance of how slow he was ringing up my things. When he finally finished my total came up to be $386.47.

I didn't give a damn and handed him 4 one hundred dollar bills and waited for my change. His eyes went wide for a second then he stared at me with narrow eyes. I stared back and said with annoyance in my voice,

"Can you give me my change and stop staring at me like an idiot" his eyes flashed bright gold (apparently I hit a nerve I smirked to myself) and he checked my bills 3 times before he finally realized they was real and gave me my change.

"Do you need any help with your bags" he asked through clenched teeth.

"Nope", I got my bags, which was at least 10 of them, and walked out of Forever 21. They were not heavy in the least because of my super strength.

I went to a few more stores and got more clothes, shoes, and underwear. Hell I even bought myself a few pairs of shades and biker gloves.

Again I got more stares on the way out the mall but it's probably because I looked crazy with so many bags in my hands and on my arms.

I got outside to where I parked my motorcycle when I realized something,

"How the hell am I supposed to get these bags home" I said out loud. I groaned in frustration and remember I had a large duffle bag in the "trunk" of my motorcycle. I sat all the bags on the ground making sure nothing fell out and got the bag. I put all my things in the bag, strapped the handles on my shoulders, put my helmet and gloves on and left the mall.

This gonna be a long ride back...