Snow day

You woke up to the persistent vibration of your phone underneath the pillow which you laid your head on.

You groan and flung your hand up to your face to clear your eyes of any sleep before tugging on the charging wire to make your phone come out from under the pillow.

You switch the phone on and squint when it comes on, the harsh light making it hard for your eyes to adjust so early in the morning due to the rest of your room being dark.

You read the time seeing it's six thirty in the morning, fifteen minutes before your alarm is due to go off for school.

You check the rest of the screen and see that you have fifty new messages and two missed calls from your bestfriend Louis.

You smile lightly as you read some of the boys panicked messages.

Louis the sloth
Look outside your windows now I stg

Louis the sloth
Wake up oh my gosh you are lazy

Louis the sloth
You usually wake up earlier than this don't lie to me

Louis the sloth
Fine, just check your school email then

A furrow forms between your eyebrows as you read over the last one before you unlock your phone and open emails straight away.

You see one that has been addressed to all students at five twenty am this morning.

Sighing out of fatigue, you click on the orderly email.

'Dear y/n y/l/n,

Due to the large amounts of snow fall last night, the busses are unable to run as per usual and so keeping the school open for today is impossible.

While this may be an inconvenience for some, we are sure that the majority of the student body will be pleased with this result.

Have fun, stay safe and enjoy your day off.

School.'

A bright smile breaks out onto your face as you read the email and when you finish, you chuck your phone carelessly onto the bed before getting up and walking over to the curtains to pull them open.

Blankets of cotton cover the usual landscape outside your house reflecting the winter sun in the most beautiful of ways.

Not a single bit of green or black is to be seen as everything is tightly concealed and wrapped in the thick layers of snow making you run into your closet to get changed.

You pull on some thermal leggings and pile layers onto your torso to keep you warm before selecting your fluffy Christmas socks and wellies and bobble hat.

You run over to your vanity quickly and chuck on some mascara and concealer before picking up your phone and calling Louis.

Within a heartbeat, he picks up and his cheerful morning voice can be heard from down the other line.

"Thank god, I've only been waiting forever!" He says tiredly but you know from the multiple spam messages that he's been awake for a while.

"Oh shut up, this is earlier than I'd usually wake up" you say back to him as you rush down the stairs and into the kitchen.

You hear him laugh as you open the fridge.

"Anyway, I'm coming over to your house give me ten minutes and you better be ready because I'm not waiting." You say to him as you pull out a pitcher of orange juice and some ready to bake pastries.