Christmas cheer(up)

( play the song if you want :) )

As soon as the bell rings signifying the end of the school day, you pick your back up from your desk and walk out the door as fast as you can.

The pressure of exams coming up is getting to you so much it's causing loss of sleep and acne and a general loss of a will to live.

You exit the school building with a plan of going straight to bed and crying, nothing else.

-

After the short walk home, you get out your keys and head into your house before locking the door and shrugging off your bag and coat.

Unusually, the smell of pine and peppermint fills your nose. Your eyebrows furrow before you look up to see your boyfriend Louis sat at the kitchen counter with an apron tied loosely around his neck and hips with cooking books scattered around the place.

"Lou?" You say gently, confused as to why he's here when he is supposed to be an hour away at his house.

As soon as he hears your voice, he sits up straight and a beaming smile finds it way onto his face.

"Baby! You're home!" He says happily, opening his arms out wide expecting you to run into them.

Instead of running, you slowly walk over. The exhaustion and stress taking over your body making you drag your feet over to him.

When he sees how tired you are, an adorable pout forms on his face and his head tilts to the side like a little puppy.

You smile as you finally reach him, burying your nose into his neck as he wraps his arms tightly around your waist and lifts you up only slightly and gently, knowing you don't really like to be picked up.

"What's up bubs?" He asks you softly before kissing the side of your head and stroking your back.

"I'm so tired and so scared that I'm going to fail these exams I mean, what am I supposed to do if I do really badly and can't get a job anywhere?" You say, your voice slightly muffled from still being buried in his neck.

"I'm so sorry my love. Look I can help you revise and study and things but if you do get bad results, which I'm sure you won't, then we'll sort everything out together and we'll be alright okay? You'll get a job and you'll be happy. As cringe as it is, live in the moment and what will be will be" he says to you and you can practically hear the smile on his face.

You full away from him and look at him with a pointed look.

"What?" He laughs, still smiling brightly.

"Really?" You say to him and he laughs before peppering kisses all over your face before finally placing a soft kiss on your lips making you sigh in relief.

Being with Louis feels like nothing exists, like you are the only two people left in the world and you are both perfectly okay with that. The warmth he brings could and will comfort you no matter where you are and what you are going through and you will always be grateful for him.

"Okay but look" he says excitedly, pointing to the naked Christmas tree on the other side of the room.

You look at it and then the boxes of decorations on the floor that he must've gotten out of your loft.

Your mouth opens in happiness and your eyes light up making him smile at you sweetly as you turn back to look at him.

"Oh my god! And what did you bake?" You ask him politely with a smile still stuck on your face.

His face lights up at the mention of what he baked, turning away from you and bringing a tray of melted snowman cookies infront of your face making you smile adoringly at him.