Lipstick Kisses

The sound of your phone chiming under your pillow wakes you up as the light filters through the gaps of your blinds.

You reach under your head and pull the charging chord out of your phone as you bring it round in front of your face.

The brightness of the screen makes you squint as you read the notification resting over a picture of you and Louis.

'A package has been delivered'

Its a message from your doorbell app that allows you to see what's at the door just in case it's some creepy man or a robbery.

You furrow your eyebrows in confusion, having not ordered anything in a little over a week.

You reluctantly pull yourself out of bed and shrug one of Louis' hoodies he left when he was last at your house over yourself before padding downstairs quietly.

You rub at your eyes in efforts to rid of any sleep and water in them, the sleeves of the hoodie covering your hands so the gesture seems more comforting.

You get your keys from the table by the door and push it through the lock as to open it.

After struggling with the lock, something you have found to be a common occurrence, you push the door open and look down to see a large rectangular pink box.

You pick it up and take it inside before setting it down on the kitchen counter.

You rest it on its side gently so you can open it from the pull tag.

You pull the tag and watch as the box spins slightly as the cardboard separates from its self.

The bottom opens up slightly and leaflets fall out so you pick them all up and begin to read.

One says 'how to care for the flowers'

The other states 'flower food'

And at the bottom of your mini pile is a small lilac purple card.

You open it will a soft smile on your face and you begin to read.

'To my darling love,
Every day seems so much
Brighter with you and I
Am finding myself struggling
With every day I am away from you,
Be expecting more,
All my love,
Lou x'

Your heart flutters at the sight of his messily scrawled words in the black ink of his favourite pen.

Each curve of the letters seems so familiar to you and your heart aches at the longing to be with him.

Of course you knew it was Valentine's Day but you didn't expect anything considering the last you had heard from him, he was across the globe.

You place the note down with a sigh before pulling the bunch of flowers out of the box.