Secret Santa

(Add the snap: @partridgeswifey)
-

"This year, we are doing secret Santa. Everyone please write your name on a slip of paper and put it into the hat I'm about to take round the class" your professor says as he reaches into one of the draws attached to his desk.

You lean down to grab your bag from underneath your desk and you pull out your pencil case and your note book.

Ripping a small corner of a page in the book, you take out a fine blue pen and write your name neatly before folding the slip and clutching it between your fingers as you wait for the hat to come around.  

Once all of the names are inside the hat, your professor walks to the front of the class again and sits down on his chair with his feet up on the desk.

You furrow your eyebrows at the sight of dried mud crumbling off the bottom of his shoes knowing it'll be hard to clean but you internally shrug as you realise it wouldn't be to do with you anyway.

Just as your teacher went to speak, the bell rang signalling the end of the day and a sign of your inevitable freedom.

You sling your bag over your shoulder after packing your things and walking towards the door.

"So unfortunately we have ran out of time now to select your person but first thing tomorrow morning, we will be doing exactly that. You will then have a week to find the gift before you will be gifting your gifts" your professor says, his pitch becoming slightly higher at the end as he rushes out the last few words in order to allows the kids to hear him before they all leave the class.

You almost smirk at his failed attempts, karma almost from the terrible grade he gave you last month, but you stop yourself mainly from nerves as to who you'll get.

-

Morning comes sooner than you thought it would again as you find yourself dragging your heavy feet through the crowded hallways as you make your way to your class.

"Ah y/n! Only fashionably late are we?" Your teacher asks you sarcastically which surprisingly makes the class laugh but instead, only drawing an even bigger scowl on your face.

"Okay, so as I mentioned the evening prior to today, you will be picking your cards now. I'm going to come around with the hat, making sure you aren't cheating and if you get yourself, just put it back" He says, most likely wincing at the events that took place the year before this one with a boy called Fred.

Soon enough, he gets to you and holds the hat out. You sigh before reaching inside and pulling out the first card you feel. You wait until your professor moves to the person behind you before you look down and open the card hesitantly.

'Louis p. :)'

Louis.

The boy you sat next to the whole way through maths last year. You did have a crush on him for a while but once you got moved away from him in the seating plan, the feelings just grew weaker as you spent less time together. You have nothing against the boy, just that you are now more unfamiliar with each other.

You look behind you to where you know he was to sit to see him stood up and taking a photo with another boy in your class.

You watch almost in admiration of him before your professor makes his way over to them, eventually breaking you out of your trance.

You quickly turn back around and snap your eyes to the front before scrunching the paper up and shoving it into the top pocket of your blazer.

Your bestfriend then turns to you from her seat.