"i will always need you darling"

the gentle hum of rain pattering softly on the window panes and the roof of your cosy house just outside of central london floods the room in a blissful vacuum of peace.

the soft plucking of the guitar from the other room filters through your ears as you absentmindedly start to clear up after the mess you'd made baking blueberry muffins who's sent now flood the kitchen delicately.

the dark outside contrasting with the dim yellowish lights from the ceiling make you appear in the window.

you smile to yourself as you see your figure covered with the apron louis' mum bought for you last christmas, she said it compliments your eyes and makes you look beautiful.

much like her eldest son, flattery is something that comes with such ease.

you turn the tap on and close the plug in the sink, filling the basin with warm water and a small amount of apple and cinnamon scented dish soap.

"bollocks" you hear louis mutter from the other room making you smile and look in the direction of the sound.

"are you okay love?" you say, sounding almost teasing to the boy you hold so close to your heart.

"fine darling, thank you" he says softly, his voice thick with sleep.

"it's getting late, you sound tired to maybe you should call it a night my love" you say, knowing how draining the past six months have been for him.

"you know i can't sleep if you aren't there with me" he calls, still sat in the sitting room the other side of the light grey painted wall.

"you have no problem when you are in america filming" you say placing your hand on your hip.

"yeah that's what you think" he says with a teasing scoff but making you more worried than you were before.

you take off the apron and hang it back up on the back of the kitchen door on your way to the sitting room to see louis.

you gently pad through the hallway until you reach the sitting room where you push the door open and find your boy sat there on the sofa with his ed sheeran engraved acoustic six string in his arms.

the same arms you were cradled in this morning.

he has a small pout lacing his mouth as his fingers dance up the neck of the guitar and the respective strings making you smile proudly at him.

louis had tried guitar before but had never found the time to play after his career took off.
"what's up my love?" you say softly, taking a seat next to him.

he stops playing and rests his head in the crook of your neck and huffs out a laboured sigh.
"i can't get this bit right, i keep going to quickly towards the end" he says, his voice breaking slightly due to his sleepy state.

you kiss his head comfortingly and reach your hand up to play with his baby curls at the nape of his neck.

"i can help you honey?" you suggest, not wanting him to be stressed anymore.
at this, he lifts his head up the same way that sort of resembles that of a puppy when the word 'treat' is thrown into the air.

"really? you'd do that?" he says and for a moment you feel almost offended that he'd question that of you.

"i would do anything for you darling i've told you this many a time before" you say with nothing but care laced in your voice.

louis' heart melts every time he hears something like that. your laugh, your voice in general, the way you look at him.

he just is so entranced by you.

he takes a moment and then moves his guitar and pats his lap and you take your time to situate yourself between his legs and place your arms around the guitar.

your arms already finding their familiar homes.
"okay so, it's really just about getting the pace first so start slow. even if it's one chord or pluck in two seconds or even three. just go slow and then speed up if you think you can. no one, not even the artist picks it up immediately. there's trial and error and that one fucking string that mucks the whole thing up" you say which elects a laugh from your boyfriend whose arms are now around your waist.

you place your finger tips in their places along the neck in the chord shape of 'G' and begin to pluck the strings gently.

louis closes his eyes and nuzzles his nose into your hair, kissing at your neck so carefully.
"come on love, try again but just go slow. no stress no rush, just slow" you say, turning around to capture his lips in a sweet kiss.

he takes your hands in his and kisses each one before placing them on your lap and his on the guitar again.

he starts to slowly play as the guitar presses to your front and his arms stretch around you and you can't help but to drag your fingers up his biceps a few times.

after a few tries, louis gets it right. full speed. you immediately start clapping and peppering kisses all across his face in a congratulations to the boy who is now so filled with pride.

"see! you don't need me anymore. i'll be cheering you on from the sidelines of the stage as you become even more of a heartthrob as you can play the guitar! you'll be teaching me soon" you say words of encouragement to louis.
he places the guitar down and captures you in a hug and whispers in your ear.

"i'll always need you darling" he says before leaning into you and kissing you passionately but with no other intentions than showing you that he loves you.

"you need to go the bed now so go get ready and i'll get the muffins out" you say, cupping his cheeks in your hands.

"okay. be quick" he says in response to you.

"quick quick" you say back to him and he smiles warmly before kissing you again and getting up to get ready.

you stay sat for a while, wondering how you got so damn lucky.

-
hi besties, you probably haven't stuck around and i don't blame you, it's been a while.

this is based off of tom holland's instagram story from a week or so ago.

i died.

also i'm staying up for SOUR so